Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

worst news ever

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Beginning Member
PFCBarner is on a distinguished road
Default worst news ever

Ok yesterday i get a call from a friend he says he went down to the scrap yard to drag my blazer out for ressurection in a couple days. He said he noticed a spark plug layin on the fender well when he lifted the hood. three of the plugs have been removed no idea why but it has been like that for awhile because the plugs have rust on the threads. Im worried my motor is now junk altogether how should i go about my newest disaster?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:32 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Tear down and rebuild?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PFCBarner
Ok yesterday i get a call from a friend he says he went down to the scrap yard to drag my blazer out for ressurection in a couple days. He said he noticed a spark plug layin on the fender well when he lifted the hood. three of the plugs have been removed no idea why but it has been like that for awhile because the plugs have rust on the threads. Im worried my motor is now junk altogether how should i go about my newest disaster?
wait a minute..........your truck was @ the local wrecking yard?.......why?!?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Starting Member
Nvidia78 is on a distinguished road

I would take the belt off and see if the motor turns over by hand, that way you know it is not locked up, if its not locked up you can put a battery in and crank it over, see if there is any water that blows out of the holes, if it is clear you can throw new plugs in... drain the oil and put fresh in and see if it will fire up... make sure ya know there is nothing in the cylinders b4 you throw plugs in. if it happens to be locked up it will be up to you if ya wanna spend the money on it for a rebuild

Old 11-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Beginning Member

The truck was in a junkyard because me and my buddies have a little bit of land where we park old vehicles crashed broken etc. no reason to get rid of the vehicles that are paid for ..... i guess thats just where i put it saves space in the driveway but I think what im goin to do with it is see if its locked up then go from there the hood has been down so all im really worried about is moisture im prayin to the gods right now i cant afford this kind of disaster

Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nvidia78
I would take the belt off and see if the motor turns over by hand, that way you know it is not locked up, if its not locked up you can put a battery in and crank it over, see if there is any water that blows out of the holes, if it is clear you can throw new plugs in... drain the oil and put fresh in and see if it will fire up... make sure ya know there is nothing in the cylinders b4 you throw plugs in. if it happens to be locked up it will be up to you if ya wanna spend the money on it for a rebuild
before doing this, make sure to pump a shot of oil in each cylinder. otherwise, you're gonna be cranking over a dry engine, and those rings are gonna SCRAP the cylinder walls, scoring them. and then you'll end up having an engine that'll burn oil/smoke.
after squirting in the oil, you should rotate the engine by hand, one full turn. this way, the oil is rubbed on the walls BEFORE any load is applied from the force of the starter.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:22 AM
Starting Member
Nvidia78 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
before doing this, make sure to pump a shot of oil in each cylinder. otherwise, you're gonna be cranking over a dry engine, and those rings are gonna SCRAP the cylinder walls, scoring them. and then you'll end up having an engine that'll burn oil/smoke.
after squirting in the oil, you should rotate the engine by hand, one full turn. this way, the oil is rubbed on the walls BEFORE any load is applied from the force of the starter.
Yeah I agree with you on that to now that you mentioned it, was just getting to my point to crank it and get the water out if there is any in there, then he could add the shot of oil because if there is water in there the oil would not do much good mixed with water but i suppose it would give it some lubrication to keep it from being dry at least

Old 11-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Starting Member
rastoma is on a distinguished road

The truck was in a junkyard
where we park old vehicles crashed broken etc.
im prayin to the gods right now i cant afford this kind of disaster

Old 11-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Beginning Member

I take it that maybe those words have been said before?

Old 11-04-2009, 11:32 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Not so much. It's more that those kind of words dont usually come from the same person about the same truck in the same thread referencing a truck they wish to save . it's just that they dont stack up in the scheme of things...

Quick Reply: worst news ever