Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

1990 K5 wont turn over

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Starting Member
Ck1500 is on a distinguished road
Cool

nice video man.... love seeing them K5's still going strong... nothing against the S-series trucks because i have owned them also... but the K5 is where its at in my book!!!

so whats the plans for this truck Parasite? or should i say when ya removing them running boards? that was the first thing i took off mine even before i drove it home. just something about them and there mounting holding the moisture against the rocker area of them trucks...

still looks pretty good.. and if ya run into any other snags... give us a hollar!!!

Ck1500

Old 05-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road

fit the hose that is cut. or just take it ti a chevy deal and pay them o check it out 85 and hour

Old 05-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Starting Member
THePaRaSiTE5771 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ck1500
nice video man.... love seeing them K5's still going strong... nothing against the S-series trucks because i have owned them also... but the K5 is where its at in my book!!!

so whats the plans for this truck Parasite? or should i say when ya removing them running boards? that was the first thing i took off mine even before i drove it home. just something about them and there mounting holding the moisture against the rocker area of them trucks...

still looks pretty good.. and if ya run into any other snags... give us a hollar!!!

Ck1500
Hey, thanks Ck1500. My plans for the truck is to fix the rear window, install new headlights and I will be doing an oil change this weekend. I will be driving to this truck to and from school and the occasional off-roading, nothing too extreme though.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Starting Member

whats going on with your rear window? i have had mine torn part quiet a few times, maybe i can help? did you post something about it here? if so i might of overlooked it.
let me know if i can help.

and most importantly let me point out.. to ENJOY your Blazer, i was guilty myself of not enjoying it alot, and fell into the internet and all the "HAVE TO HAVE" upgrades!! which is sad... i fell into the peer pressure of people telling me i have to have a lift kit and a Dana 60 front axle, and a corp 14 rear. unless your making a OFFROADING machine.. dont fall for it!!! your 10bolts will hold up fine to 33" in stock form all day long! the sad part when i think about it, is my Blazer has been in the garage more then its been on the road now after all this...

Ck1500

Old 05-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Starting Member
THePaRaSiTE5771 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ck1500
whats going on with your rear window? i have had mine torn part quiet a few times, maybe i can help? did you post something about it here? if so i might of overlooked it.
let me know if i can help.

and most importantly let me point out.. to ENJOY your Blazer, i was guilty myself of not enjoying it alot, and fell into the internet and all the "HAVE TO HAVE" upgrades!! which is sad... i fell into the peer pressure of people telling me i have to have a lift kit and a Dana 60 front axle, and a corp 14 rear. unless your making a OFFROADING machine.. dont fall for it!!! your 10bolts will hold up fine to 33" in stock form all day long! the sad part when i think about it, is my Blazer has been in the garage more then its been on the road now after all this...

Ck1500
I have a thread for my rear window problems. I sure have been enjoying my Blazer, I've taken it off-road twice and had a lot of fun with the old girl. I'm sorry to hear that you spent most of your time with the truck performing upgrades. I'm not doing ANY upgrades or performance enhancements. I changed the oil and filter today because the oil that was in there turned into complete sludge. I bought new headlights off of LMCTruck.com but the prongs on the lights don't match the electrical connection on the truck.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by THePaRaSiTE5771
I have a thread for my rear window problems. I sure have been enjoying my Blazer, I've taken it off-road twice and had a lot of fun with the old girl. I'm sorry to hear that you spent most of your time with the truck performing upgrades. I'm not doing ANY upgrades or performance enhancements. I changed the oil and filter today because the oil that was in there turned into complete sludge. I bought new headlights off of LMCTruck.com but the prongs on the lights don't match the electrical connection on the truck.

its okay about the truck being in the garage... i have learned to deal with it hehe.. and when its all said and done im sure i will be happy with it.. just kinda wished i didnt "TAKE its so far so quick" on the upgrades, oh well lol..

as for lights from LMC which ones did you buy? i see that theres upgraded wiring harnesses for there upgraded lights... might be something to look into...

and as for the oil being sludge i know you just changed it, but you might want to think about changing it next ALOT sooner... say 500 miles or so.. just so you can get more of the nasty outta there.. and probably after that you can go back to normal scheduled maintenence.. depending on how it looks and all...
im going to look for the the window thread next... hope i can help

Ck1500