Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

82 K5 blazer for sale/questions

Old 01-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
No, they are not Dana axles, they are GM Corporate 10-bolt axles.
alright so if its stock it will have 10 bolts and if its different like a dana it will have a different configurations then.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That is the obvious statement. Google "axle identification" and read up. That will help you identify what is under it.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Banned

alright thanks, what problems have you had with yours?

Old 01-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

None really. I have just been doing preventative maintenance.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Banned

None really. I have just been doing preventative maintenance.

alright im thinking if i do get it getting the cylinders rehoned and the pistons checked out. might da a overbore if i can get it for the right price. its kinda funny these 350s are a cheaper motor to replace than my 4.3L vortec in my s10. i guess the 350:350 is a good combinations for what im gonna be doing. tearing up mud and sand.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Administrator

I wouldn't open up the motor with out doing a compression and cylinder leak down test first. That will give you a good idea of how healthy the engine is.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

I wouldn't open up the motor with out doing a compression and cylinder leak down test first. That will give you a good idea of how healthy the engine is.

alright, as far as aftermarket performance carbs go. what would you recommend for a carb? holley? edulbrock? something else?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Administrator

That is a purely personal preference type question. I really like the Q-jet carbs once setup properly. They have a fairly steep learning curve though. I have been messing with them for over 15 years now so I am quite familiar.

The Edelbrock and Holley carbs are easier to tune and can perform quite well, but so can a Q-jet.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Banned

That is a purely personal preference type question. I really like the Q-jet carbs once setup properly. They have a fairly steep learning curve though. I have been messing with them for over 15 years now so I am quite familiar.

The Edelbrock and Holley carbs are easier to tune and can perform quite well, but so can a Q-jet.

what else could i do on this to gain some extra horespower, besides carb and intake. i think the 82 with the 350s came stock at 165hp. which seems kinda low

Old 01-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Administrator

That's a loaded question... You could do pretty much whatever your wallet was capable of supporting. The 350 has a VAST aftermarket. You just have to decide what you want to do with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 82 K5 blazer for sale/questions