Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

rigged differential drop bracket.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:51 AM
jpasillas94blaze is on a distinguished road
Default rigged differential drop bracket.

so i bought this 94 blazer 2 door 4x4 fullsize and i love it except the second time taking it out on the dunes it broke the differential drop bracket. i looked under and the cv joint that was brand new broke off the housing part and the tie rod end is bent to hell on the passenger side. i did a little more investigating and it seems that the front differential isnt even straight across from side to side. i am new to all of this and it just seemed weird how the cv joints on passenger side were going forward into the wheel assembly and the driver side was going towards the back of the vehicle. is this normal? is there anything i can do to salvage the bent up broken welded drop bracket or should i hit one of the local off road shops and see how they can help me out. it drove fine except for pulling to the right my mechanic told me the bracket the tie rod end and the cv joint plus an allignment will get me back in motion. my mechanic works for beer as long as i help him out. what is a suggestion from you guys on what i should do? i need help haha i am a quick learner tho i promise!