General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

'01 Blazer ZR2 repairs OR FU Haynes

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Beginning Member
BonestockZR2 is on a distinguished road

OSL, you dropped the tank and changed the pump before you checked the fuse? Ugh, that error would require no less than a bottle of bottom shelf gin to forget!

Brian - I must have been high on gas fumes when I responded. I thought you were asking about uppers, not the lowers. I may not be correct on this, but I believe you have to break the uppers free in order to remove the lowers, so you may as well change them all since they're all broken free anyways. And if you have done all the work stripping the knuckle, you may as well take the extra 20 minutes/side and change the uppers. You'll be glad you did.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:48 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

since when are Moog Suspension components made in China? the boxes still say "Made in USA" on the ones i'm getting. besides, they have a lifetime warrenty. so if they do fail, you'll only be out on your personaly labour "cost".

They are put together in the USA with china made parts. This way they can still run the made is USA logo but utilize cheaper china labor doing the hard work. I could care less about labor costs as I 99% of the time work on my own stuff. Its the fact I'm having to redo it again because something is faulty that would tick me off. Made in USA if too often over rated now days and doesn't have to mean its put together here with parts made here by workers that were born and live here. There are no set rules on how much of the labor has to be done in the states for it to run the logo just as long as some of it is done here.

If you want some horror stories from moog parts there are a few of us over on s10forum that have had pretty bad experiences with them.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 96chevblazer
I hope you stay around here cause your freakin funny lol
was that for me or Bonestock? i'm figuring Bonestock for his , *ahem* rant.

Originally Posted by BonestockZR2
OSL, you dropped the tank and changed the pump before you checked the fuse? Ugh, that error would require no less than a bottle of bottom shelf gin to forget!
tell me about it! it still took me 1/2 an hour after the first turn of the key to figure that one out!! now, it's one of the first things i check.

Originally Posted by neo71665
They are put together in the USA with china made parts. This way they can still run the made is USA logo but utilize cheaper china labor doing the hard work. I could care less about labor costs as I 99% of the time work on my own stuff. Its the fact I'm having to redo it again because something is faulty that would tick me off. Made in USA if too often over rated now days and doesn't have to mean its put together here with parts made here by workers that were born and live here. There are no set rules on how much of the labor has to be done in the states for it to run the logo just as long as some of it is done here.

If you want some horror stories from moog parts there are a few of us over on s10forum that have had pretty bad experiences with them.
i wasn't referring to paying for the labour (i too, do 100% of the labour). and if a part is warrentied for life, i don't care if i change it 2 or 3 times with no additional cost for it.
as for the "assembled" part, it can't say "Made in USA" if it's only assembled there, it has to have a majority of the product made there to be able to claim that (same laws apply here in Canada as well). that's why there is "Made in ****", and "Assembled in ****" tags on products & packaging.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

ha Thanks for the write up. I accually priced the moog balljoints and they were 140 at advance auto and a shop around here said they would do everything for 260 and this was the second time ive ever let a shop touch anything. The first was when I had my stang geared. I thought for the little bit of money I couldnt go too wrong.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Beginning Member
Ga_Mar is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

My fuel pump went out this morning on a filled to the top tank. damn it.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brianator99
You win the FML award for the day.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brianator99
at least the tanks on the Blazer's are small.