General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.
View Poll Results: 2wd or 4wd S-series... Which do you have?
4wd/AWD
79.15%
2wd
17.15%
One of Each
3.70%
Voters: 1324. You may not vote on this poll

2wd or 4wd? Which do you have

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 08:33 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

2wd now with the TB

Old 06-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Starting Member
WraithLeader is on a distinguished road

4WD. Honestly, I don't understand the point of owning a 2WD Blazer.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:02 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Drag racing maybe?

But I got a 4x4, and the jimmy I purchased for my rents is a 4x4 as well

Old 06-09-2019, 09:32 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WraithLeader
4WD. Honestly, I don't understand the point of owning a 2WD Blazer.
Same reason people get a 2wd pickup. Need to haul or tow stuff on the road, and never plan to go offroad.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:13 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default 4WD is also used "on the road" for safety reasons where surface condi

Originally Posted by cleburne red
Same reason people get a 2wd pickup. Need to haul or tow stuff on the road, and never plan to go offroad.
Or drive in the Winter ?
4WD is also used "on the road" for safety reasons. ie. Snow & ice. Not to mention the "fact" that there are thousands of unpaved roads in America. Maybe not in your area. I have 4X4 so that my travels will not be restricted due to the surface construction or conditions of the road whenever & wherever I may be or want to go. Example :Some highways in Colorado require chains in order to use the road during "adverse weather events". 4WD is almost a necessity in some regions of the country regardless of "Offroad" aspirations. The added mobility 4WD offers is worth the weight penalty of the front drive axle and transfer case for some people.

Old 06-09-2020, 02:47 PM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

I have a 4 WD that I bought at an auction. The system works great, but I would choose to have 2WD. Why? In SC it only snows every two or three years and then only about 2.5 inches. You get excited that you are finally going to get to really use the 4WD. That 2.5 inches causes the schools to close, all offices close, restaurants and businesses close, so you can't go any where. If you do, some one driving a 2WD car going at their standard speed ---driving too fast---will slam into you at the first stop light. They don't have snow tires and don't know how to drive in snow.
Then the mechanical issues with working on a 4WD SUV. To do any work on it from an oil change to engine and suspension work is complex and takes 4 to 5 times longer than it does on a 2 WD vehicle. Read any post about working on a 4 WD vehicle on the forum. From removing the ATF pan to removing the oil pan is painful.
I like the higher ground clearance the Blazer offers. But the additional weight, complexity is not worth the advantage of 4WD traction in a southern state with a mild winter. I would choose the 2 WD version.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:08 PM
Zombie-King is on a distinguished road

'89 s10 4x4 and I absolutely love it!

Old 10-08-2020, 07:00 AM
Beginning Member
Stro53 is on a distinguished road
Default Re:AWD

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I have been wondering for quite some time as to how many of us have 4wd/awd to those having 2wd...

So here's the poll.
I don't have one but you left out AWD.Many are buying these now.But not me I love my 99 GMC Jimmy 4x4

Old 10-10-2020, 03:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stro53
I don't have one but you left out AWD.Many are buying these now.But not me I love my 99 GMC Jimmy 4x4
Poll option #1 is "4WD/AWD". I had an AWD Bravada back in 2006 when I created this poll.

Old 10-18-2020, 03:13 AM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Poll option #1 is "4WD/AWD". I had an AWD Bravada back in 2006 when I created this poll.
I have never owned an AWD vehicle, come 2 think about it I don't think I have even rode in a AWD vehicle lol... What kind of mpg do they get?

Quick Reply: 2wd or 4wd? Which do you have