General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

95 blazer downstream 02 sensor help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Ricco is on a distinguished road
Default 95 blazer downstream 02 sensor help!

I need help! So my 95 blazer its ls 4x4 and vin w. I can fully use an obd scanner with live data even tho its they're claimed to be obd1.5 or hybrid...has a p0141 code sensor In bank 2 is malfunctioning(heater). I read many people having this trouble and here am I! Can't find anything but upstream was thinking about searching for 96 and up to find it. Please guys can someone help me figure where and how to get it? Thanks

Old 08-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Your 1995 is in fact OBD1.5 and the downstream oxygen sensor is between the converter and the muffler. DTC's never tell you to replace a part, they tell you what circuit needs to be diagnosed. P0141 is indicating a problem with the heater circuit. With a cold engine, ignition in the run position, engine off, sensor disconnected: Test at the vehicle harness connector: the feed wire must show battery voltage, and the ground wire must indicate less than 5 ohms resistance to ground.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Your 1995 is in fact OBD1.5 and the downstream oxygen sensor is between the converter and the muffler. DTC's never tell you to replace a part, they tell you what circuit needs to be diagnosed. P0141 is indicating a problem with the heater circuit. With a cold engine, ignition in the run position, engine off, sensor disconnected: Test at the vehicle harness connector: the feed wire must show battery voltage, and the ground wire must indicate less than 5 ohms resistance to ground.
I will check it today, will you know how can I get this sensor as advance auto or even rock auto.com don't have them? I figure being so old I should replace them anyways but first indeed need to make sure the wiring is trouble free, thanks again for the helping me

Old 08-24-2015, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
I decided to do something I always thought of..... It's late and all my tools are at my shop at work. Left the ignition on for several minutes and I can feel both of my O2 sensors getting hot, I assume there's no problem with the wiring then, as a multimeter can read voltage even with MA, but the sensor would need more power than that to get hot as mine did. So I believe the problem rely on a weak element, I can see the first waves for the first 15 minutes or so be all over the place and once it's hot enough with the exhaust heat signal changes being steady and long and moving as it reads fuel...