General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Aftermarket interior lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 12:10 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
yea you can do a way better job with a dremel tho imo

any ways night for realz
We are kind of off-topic here lol. But a dremel seems like it would take forever.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

For LED interior, do you just buy the LED mentioned early in the thread, and plug it into the socket, and that's all?

-OSS

Old 01-23-2012, 10:50 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

With the colored LEDs, be extremely careful as you can draw attention from the cops. Red, blue and green lighting is only for emergency vehicles. I have blue LEDs throughout the truck that I hooked up years ago and it uses several 3 to 1 adapters hidden in boxes and the wiring is either hidden or in split loom under the seats if I can't put it under the rug. I have little "chip" lights the size of my fingernail on the dash with the wiring hidden behind the dash panel, blue LED tubes (Walmart. Wanted to keep it cheap but nice) on the sides of the headliner and front footwells, a blue LED strip on the gauges I only use during the day and chip lights on the B-pillar on both sides. The only obvious eyesore is the 6" long box in the passenger area there there are other 3 to 1 adapters and switches for the other electronic gear. It is so-so on neatness, but it all works just fine and doesn't take up much room. There are 4 switches for the lights and the ones for the headliner are on a separate panel that is wired directly to the battery via a fuse.

A few months ago, I was driving slow down a narrow residential street with cars parallel parked on both sides and it is a blind hill. This was on a Saturday night. I was only moving about 15mph. A cop pulled behind me and followed so close I can tell by the headlights in the mirror that it was a Crown Vic (aka cop car). I made a left turn and I think he saw my college parking pass (only time I didn't cover it with tape like I normally do. Now, contrary to what the college wants I made it so it can be completely removed from the window, but remain completely visible when I put it in when I am parked on campus.) and he turned his lights on and pulled me over on a 2-lane road with no shoulders. Makes no sense since he could have pulled me over on that side street where it is off of a main road. Only wanted to see my license and registration and ran it. After asking him twice he said it was my LEDs on the headliner, which can really only be seen from up close. Now at the time, the ones in the cargo area were hanging so they can be seen out the rear side windows, but I remounted them higher and closer to the center so they can't be seen. Basically, they are dim and you could compare them to a nightlight and you can only see the source of the light if you were standing next to the truck. He said my dash ones were fine. Other than that incident, I have never had police trouble, but still I don't turn them on when I am in this town because I heard alot about what I thought was that same cop.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:15 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Old Skool Soldier
For LED interior, do you just buy the LED mentioned early in the thread, and plug it into the socket, and that's all?

-OSS
Yup, get the LED replacement bulb.
IE: Search for a 3057 LED & the ad should say it replaces a standard/regular 3057 bulb etc - it should be plug-n-play.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:28 AM
ana
ana is on a distinguished road

Just found this site (after a search for what TT can my blazer pull) now i want to change interior lights... got a nice project for when i go camping. Nice pics!

Old 01-28-2012, 08:54 AM
LucasMI is on a distinguished road

Curious, in the first post, why did you black your milage?

Old 02-14-2012, 12:02 PM
nepa zr2 is on a distinguished road

I would love to do this mod but cannot figure out all i need. I have a 2001 zr2 4x4. I want to do the entire dash and floor leds. How many and what size led do i need? Are they all size 194s?

Old 02-14-2012, 12:21 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

If you check in my sig, there is a link to a list of what you need to get.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

For the floors or foot wells I would HIGHLY suggest LED strips rather than simply replacing the bulb with an LED one. Here is the link to my HOW-TO. They turned out great and are still as bright as they were the day I installed them!
https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-...nterior-54173/
Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I replaced my footwell lights with led pods, and they work great.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket interior lighting