General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Another "what's it worth" thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 11:28 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Another "what's it worth" thread

So over the past few months I've been thinking about getting rid of the Blazer... and getting an early to mid 2000's Tahoe or Yukon to replace it. I'm wanting something a little larger (baby on the way so more room would be nice, and I think a full size would be a little safer as well) and maybe a little more capable of towing. There's a chance that I would entertain a local trade if I can find the right deal, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for that. I'm wanting a plane stock non molested 4x4 if I can find one in at least similar overall condition to my Blazer.

I've done a TON of things to this 04 since I acquired it bone stock, just not sure if it's enough up bring it up to equal value to a stock 4x4 full size SUV?

*2004 4x4 4 door
*Roughly 220k miles
*Minor lift to clear 31x10.5"s on Ion Alloy 15"s
*2 door rear spare carrier with matching wheel and tire
*Aftermarket tail lights with custom retrofitted LEDs
*Aftermarket headlights that I projector retrofitted and running 55w 6000k HIDs
*Brush guard
*8k Smittybilt which on hidden winch mount
*52" curved LED bar on the roof, 24" bar on the brush guard, LED pods flush mounted into the rear bumper.
*Stock 4.3 for the most part, MSD plug wires, K&N intake, gutted cat and Flowmaster 40, dual electric fan conversion, all aluminum radiator, minor computer tuning (shift points and getting rid of the cat converter code), DR44G alternator upgrade, yellow top optima battery, 0 gauge running to the back for stereo setups
*Interior has been swapped for a full Diamond Edition interior (seats, door panels, steering wheel), reverse camera build into rear view mirror, double din Android radio, 4 channel amp in the dash powering Rockford Fosgate components in the front and Rockford Fosgate coaxes in the rear, 400 watt Rockford Fosgate amp powering a 12" JBL subwoofer
*Custom made and wired switch panel in the roof that controls both light bars, cooling fans low and high speed, and arm and disarm the winch

I'm sure there's more small things, but that covers most of the major stuff.

Not even going to begin to list the extensive repairs that I've made, because I feel that's a given when it comes to vehicles of this age. But I'll just say that EVERYTHING works as it should, from the AC to the 4x4.

So, any thoughts on what it might be worth?

I'm in NO rush to get rid of it or anything, because I really don't need to, I'm just trying to get an idea of what I might be looking at being able to get for it if I decided to sell it out right.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:58 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Assuming its running its original engine, with all the upgrades done and you've owned this rig for years and have all the pertinent maintenance information and stuff, probably 6k(?)-8(k) depending on if you can find someone who wants a mud truck, be weary of rednecks.

If i had even near that to drop on a vehicle i'd make you an offer, Used Tahoes/Suburbans depending on year go for around that much in well used but maintained condition atleast in my area.

Old 03-04-2021, 05:24 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Any potential buyer would look at the KBB used price and offer you under that. Hate to say it, but adding stuff to a vehicle usually doesn't add much if any value when you sell. You might want to just keep you Blazer and look for a Tahoe/Yukon anyways. You'll never get the money you've put into your Blazer back, even on a trade.

Unless...there is some youngster that sees it and loves it, and mom and/or dad is willing to pay for it. Things may be much different where you live. Here, Blazers/Jimmys are a dime a dozen.