General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Anyone else as picky as I am?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Starting Member
vortec bowtie is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone else as picky as I am?

So me and my friend planned on going to Cedar Point tomorrow. And my dad told me to take his car to save miles on the blazer and cause itll be alot cheaper. So my dads gonna be taking my moms car to work, im taking my dads car to cedar point, and the blazer will be at home in the garage. I was talking to my mom and I was like please dont drive my truck. and shes like I have errands to run and go shopping so im taking your truck. I honestly dont even wanna go to cedar point now. I know my mom will park right next to people, shell drink coffee and spill it everywhere, be super hard on my brakes, and probably paint her nails or something at red lights and make my truck smell like nail polish. Is anyone else as picky as me when it comes to who you let drive your truck? Im okay with my dad taking my truck but my mom absolutely not. She drives a 2011 lincoln mkz and body wise my blazer is cleaner, hardly even exagerating. She has scratches, dings and nicks EVERYWHERE from parking by people and from shopping carts and stuff. My blazer has 2 dings on the entire truck and they were there when I bought it. Whenever I park somewhere I NEVER ever park by anyone, my blazers clean and i wanna keep it that way. Am I being super over protective of my blazer for not wanting my mom to drive it, or do you see where im coming from? All my friends think im way to picky over my truck but im sure some of you on here are the same way.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

Let's just say, my power drivers seat doesn't work, and no one else in my family can reach the peddles.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Starting Member

haha. another thing that pisses me off, whenever someone in my fam drives my truck(i make sure this is very very rarely) they always re adjust my seat and my mirrors. I have everything set up perfect and I can never get it back to how it was.

Anyway. My trip tmmr is 300 miles round trip, almost all freeway. Think I can make it there and back with a full tank?

Last edited by vortec bowtie; 08-07-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

ehhh,doubt it...maybe another 20 bucks in gas should do it,and have a bit left.

My brother doesnt have a car right now. He asks me every once in a while if he can drive mine to work etc when he doesn't have a ride. I usually let em since he gets off work before i wake up in the morning....But i tell ya what....it worries me so much i toss and turn all night...why? I dont know. i guess because ive spent so much time with it and money and i know exactly what she does when she pitches hissy fits.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:04 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

if you average 17mpg on 16 gallons thats only 272 miles oh and nobody drives my blazer but my wife maybe 3 or 4 times a year

Last edited by zr2dan; 08-07-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Starting Member

Well if I take mine I have to fill it up which should be about 65 cuz i have a quarter tank right now. On the way home if i have to throw in another 15 bucks its not really a big deal. My dads car is already full and can make it there and back. But I feel like i wont even have fun if i take his cause all day ill be thinking about my mom driving mine.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Starting Member

pretty sure i have a 19 gallon tank right?

Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Little Roober
Let's just say, my power drivers seat doesn't work, and no one else in my family can reach the peddles.
I have a buddy that adjusts his power seat then disconnects the power..claims its "broken" when someone tries to adjust it

Old 08-08-2012, 03:45 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Mine is actually broken (I need to fix it soon) I'm only 5'3 so nobody else can fit. Man if I was going to Cedar Point the last thing I would be worrying about would be my blazer. I freakin' love that place. I was so mad last year when we went and none of the people I went with wanted to go on top thrill dragster with me I hope you have fun.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:09 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Yeah. nobody else drives the jimmy besides my girlfriend.

Quick Reply: Anyone else as picky as I am?