General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Anyone have any problems from JCWhitney?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Beginning Member
acooper114 is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone have any problems from JCWhitney?!

I ordered 4 shocks, was told they'd fit a 98 2wd blazer. Get them home annnnnnnnd they don't. They all rub. I tried to call about exchanging them on friday morning and have yet to get anyone to answer my questions.

Anyone else ever have this problem or is it just an isolated incident?

I was excited about getting the Blazer lifted but I can't do it until I have all my parts in

Old 04-09-2012, 09:34 PM
NWBackwoods is on a distinguished road

OH @#!$ YES!

I just went through a leaf spring night mare with them.

Link to my fun experiance: https://blazerforum.com/forum/genera...ability-68384/

My favorite was when they told me I was mistaken they were the right size, then a few calls later they stated they must be for a lift.

I am not sure if I included this but I took their prepaid label to the post office and the guy glanced at it and told me "that isn't ours, besides there is no way I am going to ship those." I had to call yet again to get an other prepaid label and drive to the next nearest post office to even consider shipping them.

It was awful and I wouldn't order a lug nut from them if they paid me for it. They have the worst costumer service I have ever encountered. It wasn't that they were rude, just absolutly clueless on thier products and insistant that they were right.

Keep calling and contact and involve the manufacturer. At one point I called JC and they transfered me around and put me on hold for about an half an hour before I just hung up. The manufacturer told me thier phone had been ringing off the hook because of them and they had been told that JC was just putting people on hold indefinantly. During my shipping nightmare I went to fedex to price shipping and the guy said there had been four returns to them earlier that day.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Wow. I haven't used JC Whitney since the days of paper catalogs (mid 1980's, to be precise). I've been checking their website for the past year or so before I buy anything for my cars, but have yet to buy anything from them. If this is normal for them, I'm glad I haven't

Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

I never used them. It seemed like back in the day there catalog seemed to list stuff I knew couldn't fit. It was like everything interchanged. There are way to many good parts places online. I have had good luck with Rockauto, Hughes Converters, & A/CKits.com.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Starting Member

They used to be the go-to place for tacky accessories (the kind of thing I love) - customized front plates, an odd selection of hood ornaments, Ahooga horns, horns that play Dixie like the Dukes of Hazzard, anything that isn't supposed to be chromed or illuminated could be found chromed and/or illuminated in those old catalogs. The only thing useful I ever bought from them was a kit to convert my 3 on the tree to 3 on the floor (with a Mr. Gasket T-handle shifter!!)

They do have Knight Rider type scanning light bars, but so does Amazon and at a better price.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:12 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

And before that, good place to get blue jewel taillights, fender skirts and sheepskin seat covers.
Always was a schlock-house and evidently hasnt really changed much

Old 04-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Chris SkinnyWhitekid Weber is on a distinguished road

RockAuto is good. But JC has been known for decades so... idk.

just start yelling on the phone. thats what I do

Old 04-10-2012, 10:41 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Chris SkinnyWhitekid Weber
RockAuto is good. But JC has been known for decades so... idk.

just start yelling on the phone. thats what I do
And that works? I dont think so. It only works for companies that want repeat business.

JCW has ignored their 'image' since they started. It's more likely to have the opposite effect with them. Actually most established second and third rate vendors.

Note: I know for a fact some call center systems have a 'nuisance/abusive-on-hold' category. Because I used to work in a couple of them

Old 04-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Starting Member
sparkLR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NWBackwoods
OH @#!$ YES!

I just went through a leaf spring night mare with them.

Link to my fun experiance: https://blazerforum.com/forum/genera...ability-68384/

My favorite was when they told me I was mistaken they were the right size, then a few calls later they stated they must be for a lift.

I am not sure if I included this but I took their prepaid label to the post office and the guy glanced at it and told me "that isn't ours, besides there is no way I am going to ship those." I had to call yet again to get an other prepaid label and drive to the next nearest post office to even consider shipping them.

It was awful and I wouldn't order a lug nut from them whether it was a freebie or even if they paid me to take it! They have the worst costumer service I have ever encountered. It wasn't that they were rude, just absolutly clueless on thier products and insistant that they were right.

Keep calling and contact and involve the manufacturer. At one point I called JC and they transfered me around and put me on hold for about an half an hour before I just hung up. The manufacturer told me thier phone had been ringing off the hook because of them and they had been told that JC was just putting people on hold indefinantly. During my shipping nightmare I went to fedex to price shipping and the guy said there had been four returns to them earlier that day.

Good luck and keep us posted.
I've never used them but if you mention them to my friend he'll start swinging a tire iron and saying words you aren't supposed to say.
Based on my friend and now your story, I doubt I ever will use them.

Last edited by sparkLR; 04-14-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by sparkLR
I've never used them but if you mention them to my friend he'll start swinging a tire iron and saying words you aren't supposed to say.
Based on my friend and now your story, I doubt I ever will use them.
Ever seen the TV show "American Guns"? Yeah, anyone mentions Gunsmoke or Rich Wyatt around me and I'm likely to react in the same way as your friend.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any problems from JCWhitney?!