General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Anyone have any problems from JCWhitney?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:59 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wyzardd
Wow. I haven't used JC Whitney since the days of paper catalogs (mid 1980's, to be precise). I've been checking their website for the past year or so before I buy anything for my cars, but have yet to buy anything from them. If this is normal for them, I'm glad I haven't
X2

You could get any gadget you didn't need but would bring the bling to your ride. I did order a headliner from them for a '76 Camaro that fit perfect. I think that was the last time I got something from them, way back in '86 or so.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Beginning Member
acooper114 is on a distinguished road

called yesterday. They said wait until the end of the day. Called back this morning, told them I was done with the run arounds and wanted my money back instead of exchanging. The guy tried to say how sorry they were and this never happened blah blah blah and asked if I would still considering exchanging them. I told him no and maybe he should have thought about that when they gave me the run around for 5 days when I was told it'd take 2-3 to get my answers back.

Turned around and bought new shocks from Rockauto (yesterday) they already shipped and are expected to be here Saturday.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:48 PM
NWBackwoods is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear you are making progress.

Have you sent the wrong ones back yet? Be carefull doing this. One set of labels stated in the fine print that the shipping costs would be deducted from my refund. I went home and went throught the process of calling them and they stated they would not charge for the shipping. Then like I stated earlier those labels were garbage and weren't accepted anyway.

I don't know about you but I felt like I needed some anger managment when it was all done and over with.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Rock auto <33 If I had so much money it would be going to them =D

Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 PM
NWBackwoods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Rock auto <33 If I had so much money it would be going to them =D
Funny story, I found the link in your sig a few days after I ordered from JC. I have been kicking myself for not ordering from Rock ever since. I certainly will be checking them first from now on.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Beginning Member
acooper114 is on a distinguished road

Shocks from Rock Auto should be here Saturday.

I waited to send the ones back to JCWhitney because in college I took an online class through Alabama (I live in Texas) and when I returned the wrong book they said they never got it back and so I was out $240 bucks. They were actually nice so I can only imagine what the customer sales people at JCWhitney would say "uhh, no, we never got any shocks returned" haha

They emailed me last night and sent me the return instructions after "Paul" told me to wait another 2-3 days for their screwup and I told him that not only would I never buy from their company again but i'd make sure I let everyone I talked to know about how big of a screw job they were running. That seemed to speed things up haha