General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

ORIGINAL: drperry

Well depending on costs and return options, I'll probably find out how well it works with a set of halogen projectors...
It doesnt really cost that much more to get the projectors if you already bought the bulbs ballast, etc. You can find the projectors on Ebay for $50 on up or if you buy them new HID Planet has a set they sell for roughly $400. I was going to buy them one day but then I thought about how much I drive at night. But it sure would be cool. Im still debateing, this month has been really good to me, so I guess I will see.

Everyong thinking about HIDs take a look at HIDplanet's website they also have a forum that has been very informative for me.

Heres a few pictures of what real HIDs look like:

Old 11-06-2007, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Aye, you can't beat a real 100% ground up HID setup/conversion... But you've gotta be lucky to snag them HID projectors off the 'bay at a good price, lol

Old 11-06-2007, 10:19 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea you do. Otherwise you can get the projectors form HID planet for not that much. I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend. If I drove a lot at night I would not hesitate spending the money for the real HIDs.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:22 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I know if I could, I'd snag me some S2000 projectors, and mod my current setup to fit 'em...

If it wasn't too much work, I'd throw in the light bending idea too, but... A little much,I think, lol

Edit: I just ordered me a Pilot HID kit, so we'll see how that works... Taking advantage of their major sale! lol.

H1 kit + 9006 harness is what I had to order... and there's currently a 10% off option, which pretty much covers shipping for me...

Old 11-19-2007, 04:52 PM
BF Veteran

Hah! 2nd page revival!

Ordered on Wednesday! Now that's what I call fast shipping!

Old 11-19-2007, 05:05 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

if possible, do you think you could post a pic with one normal halogen headlight and the other with the HID light? i wanna see the difference and its hard to tell on a lot of the pics on the HID sites...

i have been doing a lot of research on them and i think if i get them, i will get either 4300K or 5000K. ive been reading a lot of threads on s2000, tl, bmw, mb, and lexus sites and it seems to be a pretty universal opinion that the 4300K is actually the brightest

Old 11-19-2007, 05:59 PM
BF Veteran

Yep, 4300k puts out the most light...

And I was planning on doing the whole one HID and one stock, lol.

Though, I might have to do some more core support trimming... this time on the drivers side... the HID's are longer on the wire side than H1s...

Side note: theglass base of the HID bulb is stlightly larger than a regular H1 bulb...

installing these into projectors is a PITA so far, lol.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:21 AM
BF Veteran

I know, I know, bad Dennis and double posting... But how else are people gonna notice it? lol

I still gotta cut the rad support, and splice in the rubber seals for the plugs...

H1 HID's into H1 projectors are a major PITA!! lol.

Gotta do some grinding in the projector housing, and the bulb doesn't fit quite right... That could be from the cheaper E-bay projector, though...
Had to trim the bulb a bit as well...

Almost got one side ready to put in, though!

All in all... Me like!

[IMG]local://upfiles/5070/ED26847B303B4AEF972B476648E2C26B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5070/518BB3351D9A484C81583ABB66A71529.jpg[/IMG]

And this is another reason it's a PITA... back of the bulb is uber long, lol.

If you're using 9006 bulbs to begin with, I don't think you'll have any issues... It'll just drop right in...

[IMG]local://upfiles/5070/9196C32DDE0B49BBAB873116B1EB5AAD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-20-2007, 04:54 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Looks pretty good, been thinking about getting hids but I think with the sylvania bulbs I got I might just get the projector housings!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 05:00 AM
BF Veteran

Be warned, a lot of projectors use H1 bulbs instead of 9006s, lol.

Otherwise, this would be a piece of cake!

Quick Reply: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer