General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Auto Salvage internet scammers

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 06:33 AM
Fozzy is on a distinguished road
Angry Auto Salvage internet scammers

Word to the wise, Dont dont DONT use a generic search engine for part searches. I made that mistake last week. I was just doing some research on parts that I would like to replace some of the old beat up crap on my 03. The second I hit "send" I literally got blown up.. probably 50 texts and voicemails.. the first thing that I really didn't even pay attention to were the voicemails, I just looked at and sorted through the area codes and tried to find one closest, but soon it was just a boggle. I texted one of them back and man, they were efficient.. again the lights didn't come on. They asked year, make etc.. and what part I needed. I was probing for a tailgate (liftgate for me I guess).. and again they responded quick with pics from a big blazer, then a trail blazer, then I described what I wanted, they asked what color.. I told them "black".. and like magic, there was a picture of another black on black blazer with the tailgate I wanted.. then.. the play came in.. $300 shipped!... but we are having a sale today! if you pay with gift cards.. its on $250 shipped, the did ask if I had Paypal.. but not pay pal, pay pal.. a paypal cash card.. I immediately felt like a jackass for letting this jackass waste my time... I them listened to all of the voicemails.. EVERY one of them was some Hindi Scammer who used a western name and spoke broken english...

Last edited by Fozzy; 08-07-2021 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:05 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fozzy
Word to the wise, Dont dont DONT use a generic search engine for part searches. I made that mistake last week. I was just doing some research on parts that I would like to replace some of the old beat up crap on my 03. The second I hit "send" I literally got blown up.. probably 50 texts and voicemails.. the first thing that I really didn't even pay attention to were the voicemails, I just looked at and sorted through the area codes and tried to find one closest, but soon it was just a boggle. I texted one of them back and man, they were efficient.. again the lights didn't come on. They asked year, make etc.. and what part I needed. I was probing for a tailgate (liftgate for me I guess).. and again they responded quick with pics from a big blazer, then a trail blazer, then I described what I wanted, they asked what color.. I told them "black".. and like magic, there was a picture of another black on black blazer with the tailgate I wanted.. then.. the play came in.. $300 shipped!... but we are having a sale today! if you pay with gift cards.. its on $250 shipped, the did ask if I had Paypal.. but not pay pal, pay pal.. a paypal cash card.. I immediately felt like a jackass for letting this jackass waste my time... I them listened to all of the voicemails.. EVERY one of them was some Hindi Scammer who used a western name and spoke broken english...

Dang! Thanks for the warning. Geez. These internet scammers will try any market no matter how obscure.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:07 AM
Fozzy is on a distinguished road

They definitely have a network working on the auto salvage places.. So unless its a local place that you can call?.. My advice is to just not waste your time

Old 08-08-2021, 05:39 PM
Walleye Hunter will become famous soon enough

I'm glad to hear that you didn't get taken. I'm shocked at some of things people fall for and come looking for advice on how to get their money back.