General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

awd/4wd/2wd

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Banned
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default awd/4wd/2wd

the polls on here allsay either 4wd or 2wd but i got a AWD, am i the only 1? most people on here say they ned more power but my blazer is very fast....so if anyone has a awd please repost

Old 11-28-2007, 07:09 AM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: awd/4wd/2wd

I could be wrong, but I think the AWD being spelled out seperate from 4wd means that you have the Auto 4wd option. Basically 4wd and AWD are the same thing, I just relate the words 4wd meaning I can select to have all 4 wheels pulling or just 2, where as the term AWD I use when it's automatic or on all the time system like a WRX.

I don't think any Blazer is AWD all the time unless you keep the Auto or 4WD button activated.

As far aspower it's all relative. The Blazer has great torque, so itfeels nice and strong to me for such a big vehicle. If I have been in the wife's RSX driving then it really feels strong, but if I have been playing out in the Z, thats when I sometimes get back in and wish for more power.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

AWD and 4WD are for the purpose of the poll are the same. You don't have more or less than 4 wheels being driven do you?

So no buttons on your dash for 4wd or a4wd?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

like he said the auto 4wd comes on when the truck feels itslef slipping, i have it to, but like firehawk said, these small trucks have alot of torque i mean at least i think 0-60 at 9-10 secs is fast for a truck(stock), but when i drive my mom 08 v-6 honda i to wish my truck had more go

and look at this pic

are u talkin the button on the top left next to the three square ones

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2...8070726hd0.jpg

[IMG]local://upfiles/8869/01CCF973373C480FB97CFC8C84C8C94F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-28-2007, 10:56 PM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point

aren't the bravadas full time awd? thats what I have always thought atleast

Old 11-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Banned

there is no buttons to activate anything in my truck right when you open the hood it says AWD vehicle

[/align]

Old 11-28-2007, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

where does it say that at?

Old 11-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Banned

right by the hood holding bar right in the middle

[/align]

Old 11-29-2007, 07:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You've got a rare one then felony. Not many blazer's were ever outfitted with the AWD system.

And yes, Bravada's were AWD. The sticker is typically on the upper fan shroud, but sometimes was on the radiator core support.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Starting Member
cr1msonmyst is an unknown quantity at this point

Possbile Bravada/Blazer conversion?? lol seems weird

Quick Reply: awd/4wd/2wd