General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Basically brand new Zr2

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Starting Member
Vahlen is on a distinguished road
Default Basically brand new Zr2

Hey guys, long time lurker......finally getting around to posting because I've run into a bit of a conundrum. Being recently married my wife has finally put her foot down with the limited room in my current S-10 Zr2, and wants me to get something new. The problem is that I absolutely LOVE my current Z and it's breaking my heart to have to set it to the side for something else, as I've yet to drive another vehicle that I enjoy as much as the Z series.

In my searches I've run across something I thought I'd never find, a Z that is actually "almost new" (dat 11 years lol), a 2002 Blazer Zr2 with just under 20k miles .............From what I can tell the thing is immaculate and the carfax shows nothing of concern either, the only problem is they want $13,000 for it. I'm no car price expert, but that's what I paid for my 2002 S-10 Zr2 with 37k on it almost 6 years ago, money isn't really a huge issue, but I'm having a really tough time justifying paying that much for something that old to my wife . Is this vehicle if it's indeed in good condition really worth that much?

I guess I'm looking for a little bit of insight here from yall (which ik won't be biased at all LOL), do I just go for it with the knowledge that I'm purchasing a vehicle that is over a decade old, or hold off and buy something new?

Old 10-05-2013, 08:02 PM
CAB
Starting Member
CAB is on a distinguished road

I am always willing to pay extra for something like you just found. However I do have my limits and if it was me I would offer them 6K cash and I might go as high as 7k. If they didn't bite I would tell them good luck selling it. Here is my phone number when you want to sell it. I would also tell my wife I am keeping my blazer and ask her when she wants to go car shopping, honey.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:31 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

its a 2002... who cares if it has 20k miles, these things will last forever, that does not justify it being 13k.
To me, low miles means not driven.. problems come up with things are not regularly driven, so who knows what you will have to put into it from it sitting around.
its your choice, but i would never drop 13k on a 2002 blazer, 20k miles or not.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Starting Member

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS, $12,998 - Cars.com

That's the link to it, you guys are basically echoing my thoughts...........blue book on the thing is around 8k. I figure I'll start somewhere around there, thanks for the input!

Old 10-05-2013, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Dont go by blue book, that is a bs thing.... start at 5k, see what they say and slowly work your way up, I personally would not go above 7500... remember, its a 2002 BLAZER... But still, you could find one for much, much cheaper that the body is in the same shape, you are only paying for the low miles, which means NOTHING really unless its a classic car.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Starting Member

Alright, thanks for the advice! .......I hate wheeling and dealing with used car salesmen, I usually end up wanting to run them over with their own vehicle midway through the meeting lol.

I'll stick with the 7500 price point............I've got 9k to play with since my wife said I could keep it and my old truck as a trail toy, so long as she gets the Nissan Maxima she's been wanting lol. Somehow I don't feel like I'm coming out of this situation the winner but meh......the Z brand breeds craziness I think.