General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

best oil lines

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The direction of oil flow must remain the same with the new lines. At the oil filter adapter on the engine, one line goes to the remote filter adapter under the radiator, the other comes from the remote filter adapter and back to the engine. Mark both ends of both lines on the aluminum tube, (next to the crimp connections). Then install the new line. Or, just do one line at a time

Old 05-07-2014, 08:10 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
The direction of oil flow must remain the same with the new lines. At the oil filter adapter on the engine, one line goes to the remote filter adapter under the radiator, the other comes from the remote filter adapter and back to the engine. Mark both ends of both lines on the aluminum tube, (next to the crimp connections). Then install the new line. Or, just do one line at a time
one at a time sounds good haha, yea that wouldnt be good. ill hgaave to find that thread, it gave pictures so i can piece together all the info your telling me captain hahaha...sucks being a visual learner

Old 05-08-2014, 08:42 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

When I did mine I drew a picture of how the lines went, to make sure they went back the same way. You could also try taking a picture.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:50 AM

id probably do both to be honest. now with that being said, which lines are better gasket wise? the napas are built it, and the dormans come in as extras.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The Dorman lines come with the gaskets, or you can get them seperately. As long as you torque them correctly, they don't leak. If you over or under tighten them, chances are they'll leak.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
The Dorman lines come with the gaskets, or you can get them seperately. As long as you torque them correctly, they don't leak. If you over or under tighten them, chances are they'll leak.
what would be the proper torque on the lines? i feel like where they connect to the pan is leaking also, so id probably just get the gaskets also, cause i saw a few options where they were "extra"

Old 05-08-2014, 08:28 PM

http://www.justanswer.com/gm/1vqna-r...nes-motor.html

does this sounds about right for replacement of both lines?

Old 05-09-2014, 08:51 PM

Yup, that's it.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Starting Member
girlsslingerie is on a distinguished road

yea i know the dorman's come with a lifetime guarantee. i bet they have millions in storage knowing people that know why they leak arent buying them. what do the modern ones, or i should say ones that don't leak look like haha

Old 05-16-2014, 11:58 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

The modern ones that dont leak are invisible, its quite amazing actually. Since I installed those invisible ones I have not had a leak since

(I actually just deleted it all and put the filter back on the block)

Quick Reply: best oil lines