General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

best way to take off glue...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:01 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

WD-40 is good for removing stuff like that. Maybe park it in the sun for awhile and then use WD-40 to wipe the glue off.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:46 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by davtak
cool. That sounds easy enough. Would a hair dryer work. That would be the only heat gun I have around the house. Unless I use my little mini butane candle lighter torch, nah! lol
Hairdryer will definitely work..it just won't get as hot as a heat gun...which is probably a good thing to protect your paint. The only reason I suggested heating it up first is it makes it easier to scrub off, and a lot less scrubbing too.

Originally Posted by swartlkk
x3 on the Goo Gone. Works fantastic at getting old adhesive to release.
Goo gone does do wonders. It makes it easier though if you can make the glue soft before using it..it alleviates some of the scrubbing needed. lol

Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

sounds like a plan. Thanks for the ideas everybody!