General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer vs Envoy !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blazer vs Envoy !!

I have driven the new cars (the Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, and the Saturn Outlook). The Outlook has the most rugged look to it of the three, IMO. I just don't like the lower bumper surface finish on the Acadia. The Enclave definitely, IMO, looks the classiest of the three variants that are out now. They all share the same basic dash layout, but again, I like the Enclave's dash with its wood trim over the other 2. The Acadia & Outlook have very similar dash appointments with a seemingly better materials used on the Acadia (chrome trim around vents, etc).

I call them cars because they are more like lifted cars than a truck. They are of unibody construction and are FWD for a 2wd configuration and primarily FWD for the AWD variants. They do not offer a dedicated 4wd option or a 2 speed transfer case.

With that said the ride is great. The 3.6L with the 6 speed transmission makes for a sporty feel to it. These cars feel lighter than the GMT360 platform vehicles which is probably due to the lack of a full frame. The 6 speed auto really does a nice job of getting these cars moving. I wish they put it into use sooner in the GMT360 vehicles!

Seating 8 is a nice feature as well. The 3rd row didn't seem all that cramped with my wife and I in it, but three people would only want to be back there for short trips. If I were to get one, I would go with the captains chairs in the 2nd row, reducing the capacity to 7.

Overall, if you aren't worried about the towing capacity and offroading isn't a must, I would recommend these vehicles. They are very nice and quite refined.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:39 AM
JBLAZE is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your input. Are driviing is just running errands and short trips, no off- roading so far I think Iam leaning towards the Enclave CXL .

Old 03-31-2008, 01:08 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I've seen a lot of good theings about the upcoming Chevy Traverse. Its on the same platform as the Enclave, Outlook, and Acadia. Its supposed to be designed to get greater fuel mileage that is sisters. Chevy decided to re-vamp the setup just a bit before they released it.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 PM
JBLAZE is an unknown quantity at this point

Travers looks OK