General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazers are great

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Thats what I figured like you said its to hard to show sarcasm! Folks just need to laugh a bit more I think

Old 10-19-2012, 01:54 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Thats what I figured like you said its to hard to show sarcasm! Folks just need to laugh a bit more I think
I do agree, too quick to jump on things.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:07 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

I can see it. 93 has the vortec so it gets better mileage than a TBI, and im sure you have the 3.04 rear end (or what ever the lowest gear is, 3.05?) and its a 2WD so thats even better. if you were driving mostly on flat road at highway speed, not a lot of passes then 28 sounds about right.

I would get about 22 in my truck on my 200 mile round trip to work and back every weekend and that was up a pass and back. and with 31's

Old 10-19-2012, 09:17 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default 93 Vortec

technicaly its not a true vortec engine unless it has the kidney bean chambers inside.What Gm called the early Vortec engines are no different that a regular 4.3 V6.The real vortec engine didnt come out till 1996 when GM changed the head design.Not totaly sure but I beleive the gear ratios were 308,3.42.373,and 4.10 in the Jimmy.Realisticaly your milege should be 22mpg Hiway and 15 City.You said you have a free flowing exaust system,I can possibly see 25 and 16 mpg.Then I looked up mpg`s for newer Jimmy`s,seems like the newer they are the worst mpg they get.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:28 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I have the 4.3 with 3.42, 4wd and I wish I could get that mileage.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

My 98 4x4 has 3:42's, 212K miles, injector upgrade, everything else is stock. My wife gets just over 25 with it. I must have bigger shoes, best I get is 23 Doesn't really matter to me what the fuel mileage is, it gets what it gets. I like the truck, I take care of it, it's dependable and it was paid for 12 years ago.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I've been running my '93 Jimmy lately while I work on my '98. The '93 gets about 19mpg on the freeway. I got 18.5 going over the mountains to Leavenworth and back last weekend. That was with three other people and a lot of instruments in the truck.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Beginning Member
QUIC is on a distinguished road

My favorite is the fullsize 94

Old 10-20-2012, 11:50 AM
sickman420 is on a distinguished road

My bone stock 93 4x4 with 3.42 gears got 22mpgs from central pa to wilmington nc and back. 560+ miles one way, and we drove around a lot down there. It's amazing if you just set the cruise at the speed limit and go. I'd like to throw a free flowing exhaust on it, but the exhaust that is on it is fine for right now (till it rusts out this winter). I love these vehicles. Wait, actually, I love the first generation of these vehicles. I'm not exactly sure what Gm was thinking when the designed the 2nd gen. Probably something like "how can we take a nice manly looking vehicle and make it look extremely girly..."

All offense intended :-P (that's meant to be sarcastic)

Old 10-21-2012, 10:36 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Cool

Originally Posted by sickman420
My bone stock 93 4x4 with 3.42 gears got 22mpgs from central pa to wilmington nc and back. 560+ miles one way, and we drove around a lot down there. It's amazing if you just set the cruise at the speed limit and go. I'd like to throw a free flowing exhaust on it, but the exhaust that is on it is fine for right now (till it rusts out this winter). I love these vehicles. Wait, actually, I love the first generation of these vehicles. I'm not exactly sure what Gm was thinking when the designed the 2nd gen. Probably something like "how can we take a nice manly looking vehicle and make it look extremely girly..."

All offense intended :-P (that's meant to be sarcastic)
What was GM thinking when the built the 2cnd generation With the exception of 95 I would sure like like know.From 96 on they changed everything and went down hill from there.

Quick Reply: Blazers are great