General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Brush Guard

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

that looks like the one JC Whitney sent me

Old 12-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Starting Member
JS_blazer is on a distinguished road

well I duno. If I dont like it, I'll send it back.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dbrown843
here you go man. this thing is sick!!!
hopefully getting mine soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bull-...ht_4431wt_1167

shipped for like 130.
Yeah, this is the one I wanted to get for my '96. I can't see how this would look stupid on a '96, because it doesn't even cover the headlights -- so why do they market it as a '98-04 bull bar? Anybody know the answer to this?

Originally Posted by Sisk
I found it. It was BlazinMike. It almost looks like it's a full sized guard. I cringe everytime it comes up in the rotation on the main page. It looks terrible. Pics: https://blazerforum.com/forum/alb...&pictureid=422
Sisk, I clicked that link, and I have to say that that brush guard is not designed for any S-Blazer. That thing is for a K-series or other larger truck. I am sure of this, because even though the face changed from 97 to 98, the size of the front end did not change. That brush guard would look stupid even if it was on a '98+.

Last edited by Psychropod; 01-08-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added Sisk's quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:24 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Psychropod
Sisk, I clicked that link, and I have to say that that brush guard is not designed for any S-Blazer. That thing is for a K-series or other larger truck. I am sure of this, because even though the face changed from 97 to 98, the size of the front end did not change. That brush guard would look stupid even if it was on a '98+.
yeah, it's from a '88 to '98? 200? full size line.

but ya gotta admit, it would definately keep "stuff" away from his truck's front end!

Old 01-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Starting Member

well, i finally got my brush guard. and it looks pretty decent. im gonna have to drill holes in my bumper though. :/

Old 01-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
as for using the hooks AND the guard...
emphasis added

i would NOT use the brush guard as a tow point for anything other than moving it it to a shop or to a buddy's house kind of thing. I HIGHLY doubt it will hold up the way the solid steel hooks will to tugging and pulling in an off road/mud/snow/wet sand situation. If you plan to use the hook AND guard method AND intend to do a lot of being pulled, put the hooks on first THEN the guard. it might change the way it sits, bu tthe hooks will be a bit stronger pulling on the center of a bolt, as opposed to pulling against the head of a bolt.....

before attempting to tow, go to a junky yard find a blazer/pathfinder/passport and yank on the bumper. feel it move? now imagine putting more than just your body weight behind that. goodbye guard.
but you'll hook it up low right? still no good. even if you tie off to BOTH mounting points and equalize the rope so it pulls with the same force on both points even if the rope shifts left and right, you will still put toomuch force on it.
couldn't you put the brush guard on and fabricate a spacer bracket so the tow hooks would sit lower than the brush guard. im thinkin like a chunk of angle iron. then just bolt the hooks to the bottom of it.what do you think? this way no modification of the bumper

Old 01-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Starting Member

the one i have, it has to mount straight to my bumper.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
burdee505 is on a distinguished road

LMC truck had a nice one last year, I remember looking at it for mine, Also Keystone might have one but Im not sure of the price

Old 01-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Old skool - LOL!

Hey, people...I'm still a little confused as to why these bull bars are being marketed for only the 98+ trucks. Are the the bumpers a different size? The tow hooks are in the same location as the 95-97s, correct? I asked an eBay vendor why they don't fit, and they of course didn't answer my question, because they probably don't know:

Originally Posted by Me
This is regarding the powder-coated brush guard you have for sale. I noticed you're showing it's for 98-04 Chevy Blazers. My Blazer is a 96. Why won't it fit the 96? I thought that the Blazer bodies are the same from 95-04? Are the tow hooks in a different location? Thanks for your help.
Originally Posted by Hunter Truck
Im sorry but our guards just wont fit.

Thank you, HUNTER TRUCK TEAM.
Can anybody tell me why they won't fit a 95-97?

Old 01-12-2010, 10:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm guessing it has something to do with the depth of them? It's possible the 98+ bumpers don't stick out as far at the 95-97? If that's the case then you wouldn't have enough clearance to put it on.
with that said, I'm not sure I would believe them. I know they're the ones selling it, but they're just saying it wont bolt directly up. Anything will fit with a bit of fab work.

Quick Reply: Brush Guard