General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Can't find the LED tail lights I have envisioned - help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 06:24 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

anything but the stock units are probably questionable as far as being legal

Old 03-23-2013, 07:04 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexazz2
anything but the stock units are probably questionable as far as being legal
I have not had one problem with mine, but they are OEM housings with LED retro.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:11 PM
jtbwatson is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
I have not had one problem with mine, but they are OEM housings with LED retro.
got pics?

Originally Posted by Twip
like i said, i have stock lenses, i just put led bulbs in. a little expensive, but my volt gauge doesnt move when the blinkers are on anymore.
you dropped $20-25 per bulb back there?? I'd rather just buy the whole new assemblies..

Old 03-27-2013, 06:50 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

This is with brakes applied, But all this is going to be changing in the next week and a half or less.

Attached Thumbnails Can't find the LED tail lights I have envisioned - help!-brake2.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Rich, what is that in front of your blazer and why have you not shared with us? Looks like maybe an old Studebaker?

Old 03-27-2013, 10:52 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Rich, what is that in front of your blazer and why have you not shared with us? Looks like maybe an old Studebaker?
1963 t-bird

Old 03-27-2013, 01:23 PM
jtbwatson is on a distinguished road

Well crap, that's completely awesome. Did you get the LEDs from superbright or take them from different housings off of another car?

I'm just trying to figure out how to go about this. I'd love feedback on how this idea sounds.

1. Order clear/chrome tail lights like pictured here

2. Buy LED grid for it

3. Somehow get it in there lol

4. Apply transparent red paint (saw it at walmart) after taping off bottom space for reverse lights.

plug n play?

The reason for the red paint is that I frequently park in a really tight, poorly lit parking garage for work and need to be able to see what's behind me. I want them red because it doesn't scream out 16yr old punk like the clear/chrome ones do and I haven't seen a black/smoked one that I like. I wouldn't mind the black bubble style ones, but haven't seen them to see if I like them.

Attached Thumbnails Can't find the LED tail lights I have envisioned - help!-p_chevy_blazer_95-03_led_tail_lights_chrome.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by jtbwatson
Well crap, that's completely awesome. Did you get the LEDs from superbright or take them from different housings off of another car?

I'm just trying to figure out how to go about this. I'd love feedback on how this idea sounds.

1. Order clear/chrome tail lights like pictured here

2. Buy LED grid for it

3. Somehow get it in there lol

4. Apply transparent red paint (saw it at walmart) after taping off bottom space for reverse lights.

plug n play?

The reason for the red paint is that I frequently park in a really tight, poorly lit parking garage for work and need to be able to see what's behind me. I want them red because it doesn't scream out 16yr old punk like the clear/chrome ones do and I haven't seen a black/smoked one that I like. I wouldn't mind the black bubble style ones, but haven't seen them to see if I like them.
if your question about where i got the bulbs was for me.
I got 200 LED's from ebay, and pcb prototyping board and resistors and soldered them up, then installed them in the housing.
This time around I am going for 120 led's per tail light, 240 total, pwm controlled. Better quality LED bulbs too.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I really should get started on mine again...

Old 03-27-2013, 01:36 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
I really should get started on mine again...
yeah you should.

Quick Reply: Can't find the LED tail lights I have envisioned - help!