General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Center Console/Mounting Place

Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Beginning Member
02hawk is on a distinguished road
Default Center Console/Mounting Place

I got a 88 Blazer and Im brain storming right now about how to put train horns on it. I wanted to use a manual valve and I've been trying to think of a good accessible place to put it. Inside the center console seemed like to best idea. Only thing is if I mess up the console or hack it up too much Im screwed. Does anybody know where I can get one? Theres one blue one on ebay and I have a red interior. LMC and Classis Industries make 73-80 ones.

Another thing, the only other place I could think to mount the valve would be under the seat but I dont know how easy thats gonna be able to reach...

Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Do you have the horns yet? If you do do they have an electronic solenoid on the horns? If they do you can get one of these and wire it into the solenoid and mount it up like a semi horn that is pulled and be official as he**!!! Its just a small bit of fab work to make a plate to mount the switch to or just go find a small L bracket at HD or Lowes and use that and grab a small piece of chain and mount it up on your ceiling run the two wires down to the horns and your done. This is my plan for when I get my horns for xmas This would probably be easier than trying to run the air lines inside the cab and find a good spot to mount them. You will also get a crisper start and finish to the sound with the air being cut on and off at the horns rather than farther away from them. Hope this helps and post pics of what you end up doing please!!

Old 09-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Beginning Member
02hawk is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the idea. I actaully went out to the truck and as it turns out theres enough room to put my hand in between the seat and the console for a valve. And I want a manual valve so I can gradually go into and sound like a real train instead of full on or off. I got to put the tank in the back anyways so air lines are gonna be running right by the front seat.