General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Checking out a zr2 this weekend any problems I should look for?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 04:14 PM
joshn444 is on a distinguished road

Well guys it had the usual two doo rust in front of the back wheels. No big deal I would have had it fixed. But something was wrong with the transmission or ikr it just didn't have any back pressure. The zr2 couldn't get out of its own way. During the test drive we had to basically keep it to the floor to get it to speed up even then it was slower then if you were accelerating like normal. When we tired to drive it normal it would act like it was going to stall. So since we don't know if it's the tranny or exhaust I'm not going to get it. I told the guy selling it to call me if he gets it fixed

Old 02-16-2014, 01:10 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by joshn444
Well guys it had the usual two doo rust in front of the back wheels. No big deal I would have had it fixed. But something was wrong with the transmission or ikr it just didn't have any back pressure. The zr2 couldn't get out of its own way. During the test drive we had to basically keep it to the floor to get it to speed up even then it was slower then if you were accelerating like normal. When we tired to drive it normal it would act like it was going to stall. So since we don't know if it's the tranny or exhaust I'm not going to get it. I told the guy selling it to call me if he gets it fixed
Amazes me that someone would ask $4,500 for a Blazer that acts like that...kinda rude if you ask me. Sounds like it's a fuel pump issue, but running the way it was, on the spot I might offer him $1,000. ...(maybe).

Old 02-17-2014, 06:18 PM
joshn444 is on a distinguished road

It sounded like it was just blowing air out of the exhaust somewhere. People annoy me the guy pretended like it was something that just happened when my dad and I took it for a test drive. I'm thinking it was just the exhaust which caused no back pressure making it a dog. It seemed like the transmission was trying to make up for it by holding gears longer can the computer do that? Or could it have just been that we weren't up to speed yet so it didn't shift?