General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Chevy Tows Ford - Again

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:30 PM
MADDOG` is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chevy Tows Ford - Again

Little sister calls last night. She, her husband and my two nephews were towing their 16' enclosed trailer behind their 2004 Ford F350 NoStroke, with a load, when it all went dark on them. Dash lights flashed, then everything went dark and the truck quit.

They are sitting on a freeway off ramp about 15 miles away so I grab the straps, the toolbox, a spare battery and a tester then I'm off to the rescue.

That truck was dead! We strapped it up and I pulled them to a parking lot about 1/2 mile down the road and began testing. Seems the alternator had given up and both batteries were drained. No lights or gauges to let them know there was a problem. Of course, nothing is open so we pull the alternator and the two batteries. Shortly thereafter the other nephew shows up with their other rig, we transfer the trailer over and they head out.

My LM1 engined K5 had no problem moving the load. I took it easy and we got them off the freeway with no further incident.

Apparently this truck has left them stranded 4 or 5 times before with electrical problems + two blown transmissions. I keep telling bro-in-law to move away from the Fords. Maybe this time he'll listen!

Anyway, just thought I'd share the fun.[/align]

Old 01-02-2008, 12:34 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Chevy Tows Ford - Again

just one phrase comes to mind "Found On Road Dead"

Old 01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't get me wrong I love my chevy to death, but I owned a ford for 5 years and put over 125,000 miles on it with minimal repairs. Some people just have really bad luck when it comes to cars.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:52 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

hahaha yes the point proven again where Chevy is better than Ford and the common phrases of "Found On Road Dead" or my favorite "Driver Returns On Foot" (FORD in reverse) lol yes i love times like these!

Old 01-02-2008, 12:58 PM
SDimeBlazerlady is an unknown quantity at this point

Well out of 50+ cars ive owned the 1 Ford that had me on the side of the road was my 87 Ford Tempo..Christmas day few yrs back...the Ignition mod. went on me..otherwise i really can't bad mouth Ford..My brothers Friend had a 97 Tahoe that was pure evil though...the 2 yrs he had it it went through 2 trans. and then caught on fire while drivin down I-5 He and G/F came out ok but Tahoe was a lil blackin...He owns a Dodge Ram has had 0 problems....

Old 01-02-2008, 01:32 PM
MADDOG` is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL...good comments, guys. I've had Fords that ran fine but three of them blew up on me. Can't say that I haven't had other rigs that went south on me either. But I still ascribe to the notion that a Chevy beats a Ford any day. ;-)

Old 01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazin97

just one phrase comes to mind "Found On Road Dead"
There ya go...

Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell him to look at the new cummins, if he is into towing stuff they've got the jakebrakes on them now. cant go wrong witha d-max either.

quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

good idea...good point

Old 01-02-2008, 02:46 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: Idriveachevy

Tell him to look at the new cummins, if he is into towing stuff they've got the jakebrakes on them now. cant go wrong witha d-max either.
idk bout d-max have they gotten better? i've never had one but from what i've heard they rnt so great.

Quick Reply: Chevy Tows Ford - Again