General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

chevypartspro.com Good/bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default chevypartspro.com Good/bad?

So, I got into a fender bender, and after the other person's insurance pays out (she hit me) I'll have enough money to get 2 new fenders even though only one was damaged (minor scratches/dent). My reason for getting new fenders is that both of the fenders are rotted out and really just need to be replaced. I would be doing the work myself to help save on cost.

Anyways, I found this place selling the two fenders for about $85 each with free shipping. That's about $120 less than ANYWHERE else I've found since everywhere else makes you pay $150+ for shipping. So, my question is, is this a scam of some sort? Or is this place really legit?

The SKU #'s I'm looking at are
6901Q

They look like quality pieces, but the free shipping and low price have me skeptical. I found the same parts at rockauto for $50 each but they charge $160 for shipping!
rockauto #'s
# GM1241135
# GM1240180

Thanks for all your help!
BBK

Last edited by Blazers.B.Kewl; 04-29-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:35 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Blazers.B.Kewl
So, I got into a fender bender, and after the other person's insurance pays out (she hit me) I'll have enough money to get 2 new fenders even though only one was damaged (minor scratches/dent). My reason for getting new fenders is that both of the fenders are rotted out and really just need to be replaced. I would be doing the work myself to help save on cost.

Anyways, I found this place selling the two fenders for about $85 each with free shipping. That's about $120 less than ANYWHERE else I've found since everywhere else makes you pay $150+ for shipping. So, my question is, is this a scam of some sort? Or is this place really legit?

The SKU #'s I'm looking at are
6901Q

They look like quality pieces, but the free shipping and low price have me skeptical. I found the same parts at rockauto for $50 each but they charge $160 for shipping!
rockauto #'s
# GM1241135
# GM1240180

Thanks for all your help!
BBK
Yeah, the site is VERY simplistic. Never heard of anyone around here using it, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try it out. I'm with you on that one though, nobody I've seen yet beats Rockauto on the price of a part plus shipping. Also, how does that Chevy Parts Pro make money on anything? Our fenders aren't exactly carbon fiber.

Last edited by tibby; 04-29-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by tibby
Yeah, the site is VERY simplistic. Never heard of anyone around here using it, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try it out. I'm with you on that one though, nobody I've seen yet beats Rockauto on the price of a part plus shipping. Also, how does that Chevy Parts Pro make money on anything? Our fenders aren't exactly carbon fiber.
Hmm.. Maybe when I go to order I'll give them a call and make sure everything is how it should be. According to the site, ANY order over $50 has free shipping. I also go through the checkout process and it very specifically says these items qualify for free shipping..

Free Ground Shipping
UPS Ground shipping is free in all orders over $50.00 and takes approximately 5-7 business days to receive. UPS Ground shipping is available to the 48 Continental United States only. Alaska, Hawaii, and APO orders cannot be shipped ground.
Anyone else have experience with this place?

Last edited by Blazers.B.Kewl; 04-29-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Starting Member
98blazin is on a distinguished road

here, in canada, i got 2 fenders and 2 inner fender for around 60$cnd.
i had to drive 30mins to the warehouse to get them.
its from a compagny that makes replacement parts/pannels.

you should have that in USA too i guess.. dont pay shipping and get them the same day !

Old 04-29-2012, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by 98blazin
here, in canada, i got 2 fenders and 2 inner fender for around 60$cnd.
i had to drive 30mins to the warehouse to get them.
its from a compagny that makes replacement parts/pannels.

you should have that in USA too i guess.. dont pay shipping and get them the same day !
So, you're saying you've dealt with this company before? Or are you suggesting another place to get replacement parts? I don't understand what you meant

Old 05-15-2012, 01:04 PM

So, I just placed an order with this company for the two pieces mentioned above (front driver/passenger fenders) for a grand total of $146.84 shipped to my home! They also claimed that if they arrived damaged in any way due to UPS/Fedex, they will replace them for me. Very nice customer service I must say. AND, they gave me a discount that came to ~$20 off (original price was $168). I guess when you call in the order, they give you extra $$$ off, which I'll take!

I'll report back when the items arrive at the house to tell of overall quality/ease of doing business. On that note, they also said that the parts will arrive in 5-10 business days, which seems pretty good for oversize items.