General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

College parking pass curse

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 08:57 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road
Default College parking pass curse

Hey everyone. I had a parking decal for college on my truck with unlucky numbers (C1313) and I believe that it was not just responsible for a very long, bad and unpleasant semester, but a sharp increase in major problems with the truck. I believe this pass has some kind of curse on it. I was originally just thinking it was any other number but judging all that has happened this semester, I have reason to believe the pass was at least partially responsible for it.

The problems between start of last semester and this one:

-Wheel bearings
-2 Ball joints
(Both above repairs were repeats)

-Battery
-2 axle seals
-Brake noises

This semester:

-Got pulled over for real for the first time. After asking twice after the cop ran my license and registration did he say that my blue interior LEDs (headliner) were illegal. You can't really see them unless you are next to the truck, so I believe that the cop pulled me over because that was the first weekend that I did not cover the parking permit with black tape. The pass is green, white and reflective, so you can see it from far away at night. He turned on his lights after I made a left turn and he saw my pass. I was only moving 15mph down a narrow residential street since he was right behind me and also because it was hard to see up the blind hill. Judging by this incident, I realize that cops do profile college students. Some other cops who I know confirmed.

Fixed/found problems:
-Failed starter
-Leaking water pump
-Both seals blown again (rear pinion/front axle shaft)
-Found leak in A/C compressor
-Sticky thermostat after water pump repair
-More brake noises that can't be resolved

Current:
-Needs alignment
-Needs 2 new O2 sensors (bad gas mileage)
-Needs front transmission seal
-Needs another wheel bearing (possible)
-Need another belt (scraped/glazed)

I want to destroy this expired parking pass in such a way that the curse will be broken. Any suggestions? My ideas were:

1. Stuff it up the tailpipe.
2. Ziptie it to the catalytic converter
3. Put it in the paper shredder 3 times
4. Let the dog get it and risk an innocent puppy getting cursed.
5. Wait until the next time I am on a camping trip and throw it in a campfire

Now this college saved the same number for me for next semester (I only paid for the fall) and I asked for a different one and they said no even if I agreed to pay for the pass replacement fee ($3) on top of the parking fee. Got any other ideas?

Last edited by ComputerNerdBD; 12-19-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Beginning Member
nascar2496 is on a distinguished road

ouch i can relate tho, first time on campus to try and return to school and i get a parking ticket. joke is on them tho because i got rid of that truck a few weeks later and never paid the ticket haha anyways sorry to hear about your truck, i say shred it once then have the dog do his/her business on it then burn it with lots of 'fuel'