General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Curse the blazer!!

Old 08-09-2010, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default Curse the blazer!!

Post what you hate about your blazer

(random boardem rant) No wheels ever with 6" backspacing. I don't want wheels to stick out and look like a go-kart, and I don't want the wheels to stick in because that would be impossible and if that happened something would be wrong

Curses!!!

Last edited by CraigSnedeker; 08-11-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:25 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I believe sporty drew has rims that have 6 inch backspacing. not sure of the brand or where you can get them. I'd shot him a pm about his rims. Tired of the saw blade rims too?

Old 08-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Ash
Ash is an unknown quantity at this point

There's plenty of wheels with 6" backspacing or very close to it. But depending on what you are trying to do, sticking to the same exact backspace may not be a good idea. Anytime you go with a wider wheel/rim the extra has to go somewhere. A simple rule of thumb is if you don't want to give up backspace, then offset will have to change. If you don't want to move outward to the fender then backspacing will have to change. Sometimes you will have to give a little in both directions.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:45 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ash
There's plenty of wheels with 6" backspacing or very close to it. But depending on what you are trying to do, sticking to the same exact backspace may not be a good idea. Anytime you go with a wider wheel/rim the extra has to go somewhere. A simple rule of thumb is if you don't want to give up backspace, then offset will have to change. If you don't want to move outward to the fender then backspacing will have to change. Sometimes you will have to give a little in both directions.

true, but Craig is a smart boy, he knows.

he's been looking for awhile, just can't find anything for a stock size replacement.

while i just said you're smart Craig, have you looked @ the Import/FWD wheels? there are alot of wheels for the Ridgeline available.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:14 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

And curse the leather steering wheel, where after sitting in the sun it burns your hand

What size for steering wheel covers?

Oh and you know what happens when you park next to hedges? Spider webs!! Ak, inside and outside my car

Last edited by CraigSnedeker; 08-10-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:03 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

brother, you seem to be on a major rant, what gives?

somebody **** in your coffee or something?

Old 08-11-2010, 09:51 AM
BF Veteran

Na :P

Decided to turn this into a "what you dislike about your blazer" thread can a mod move it to general discussion please?
Admit it blazers aren't perfect :P

Last edited by mdehoogh; 08-11-2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: moved at OP's request...
Old 08-11-2010, 08:42 PM
BF Guru

isn't there already a thread like that goin' Craig?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:01 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Gas milage! Can't find anything else!

Old 08-12-2010, 01:29 AM
sgp7679 is on a distinguished road

rattles when i drive and just general noise when I drive. Curse the cheap plastic they use too (console, glove, door panels, everywhere.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Curse the blazer!!