General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

conversions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:36 AM
cmickey12 is on a distinguished road
Cool conversions

ok boys and girls out there i have a weird question i say weird cause i didnt see it in any forum.

Ok, my question, i have a cumstomer whos a regular (he's a 4x4 crazy guy) im a mechanic well he came over and asked how difficult would it be to change the body on an s-10 blazer for a cherokee is this possible and if so any real ideas on what i should charge him?

Old 06-25-2013, 11:15 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Anything is possible if you have the skills and money to do it. I certainly don't have either, but the first problem I see is that the Cherokee is a unibody and the Blazer is body-on-frame. You'd have to completely fabricate mounting points on the body of the Cherokee. Assuming you're keeping all the drivetrain from the Blazer you'd have to fabricate mounts for everything that attachs to and passes through the firewall like brakes, steering, wiring harnesses, etc. You're also going to have to explore how to get the gauges to work. That's just scratching the surface I'm thinking.

It seems to me that it wouldn't really be worth it. What is there to gain? I can see wanting a truck frame instead of the unibody of the Cherokee, but there's easier/cheaper ways to do it.

All that being said, I'd love to see the process if you do decide to tackle the project. Please post any pictures and explainations because it's really fun seeing how creative people can be with solving problems.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

I can't see any point in it. I've seen a lot of older bodies put on S-10 pickup and Blazer frames. Usually 1950's and earlier bodies. This lets them have modern running gear with old time looks. If your customer really wants a solid frame Cherokee, I'd look into some frame rail connectors. Once you clean the bottom of the Cherokee chassis, you're going to have a lot of time and a weakened body.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Theres a Sunbird convertible running around here locally on a 2wd s10 frame, anythings possible...

Old 06-25-2013, 10:19 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

thats a very hard thing to throw a number on. that might be done in a weekend or might take months. i would think the wiring would probably be the biggest pain in the butt having to figure out which wire from the inside of the cherokee to match up to under the hood of the s10 unless you were just going with a carb engine then might not be to bad.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:21 AM
Beginning Member
T...K21 is on a distinguished road

"You can make chicken salad out of chicken ****." if you wanted to....anything is possible if you had the time, patience, and money.

Why not just put a straight axle conversion on the Blazer? or build the Cherokee into your off road play toy and tow it behind your Blazer?

Just a thought...

Old 06-26-2013, 04:36 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a jeep guy that doesn`t want to admit he likes chevy s