General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

decision time..

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swanman35
I can trust this car not to break.
Reality is that you can't. Any car can break down at any time for any reason. I see new cars on the side of the road all the time. If there is one thing I have learned it is that cars need repairs, period. If you can't afford to make repairs then car ownership is not for you at this point in your life. Think of all the money you can save if you take the bus. No gas, no insurance and no repairs.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:34 PM
swanman35 is on a distinguished road

OK guys, I made the decision and I got the cobalt.I do understand what you were saying, but I think over all I made the right decision. I like the cobalt, and now I start new with mods. I will make a build thread on here if I'm not banned from the group.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Cobalt on a blazer forum? I`m not listening. Told ya he already made up his mind. Was hoping we would tell him to go for it

Old 05-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Horton is on a distinguished road

Don't worry about gas, just relocate ! Set up a tent on the lawn of the school and go get your blazer back !

Old 05-23-2013, 11:45 AM

Newguy, if I had my mind made up I wouldn't have come to you guys. I don't care what anyone else thinks about what I have or do, so I can honestly say I came to you guys to hear what you had to say. Horton, if I could pay for housing in college I would have kept my blazer. Luckily I got some scholarships and my job has tuition reimbursement, so I'm happy im able to go at all.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:27 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

C'mon guys. Can't we all get along? LOL. I wouldn't have traded the paid for Blazer in for a car payment, either, but he will learn in time. My wife and I traded her '91 Camry in on our Cobalt, because the Camry had some emissions problems. (Before I learned about OBD electronics.) I wished I hadn't. Six years of payments, versus a few parts turned out to be a bad deal in the long run.

I won't ever finance a car again!

Old 05-23-2013, 10:17 PM
CPLSeraphim is on a distinguished road

Don't worry, Swanman. The positive in this is that you have a car you are happy with, and someone will have a blazer you loved and will care for it, and do what it needs to be a great SUV for them. You are giving someone else an opportunity here. A few friends of mine love their cobalts. I couldn't drive one as they are kind of small for me, but its all personal preference. Good luck with school, and we wish you the best.

As for the current Blazer owners here, hopefully we will see a new face on our forum before to long, and can enjoy the company of another blazer owner. I know I am new here, but it seems like a nice community, until you want out. lol.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:19 AM

I don't want out of here though. I love the people here and I know they(most) of the member would still help me out. I just need a more reliable car that won't leave me stranded and I'm not filling up every other day. I like driving the cobalt more compared to the blazer. Of course I can't be off roading anymore. I said the same thing, someone with more money than me will take my blazer and do things I couldn't do with it. I dreamed of a susp.lift but I wouldn't have the money in years. by then most of the blazer would be new! Anyway I'll stick around unless more people are dicks about it. thank you for understanding!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:38 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

I guess we`re all dicks cuz no said to go for it. Now your talking mods, thought you didnt have any money?

Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 PM

I didn't say they would be expensive or any time soon. Not everyone is either

Quick Reply: decision time..