General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

first time blazer owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Starting Member
ricksblazer is on a distinguished road
Default first time blazer owner

this is the first blazer that i have ever owned and have a few questions if anyone might be able to anwser them. i have never had a overhead console there is no manuel with this to tell me anything about it. it give milage info trip info temp and compass. it has other fuctions no idea what for or how to use. Can any body can point me in right direction to finding out how to use this. also is it normal for headlights to come on and stay on even without turning them on. I leave in park a few minutes and light work normal.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Register your truck at mygm.com and you can access a .pdf version of the owner's manual to answer you console questions.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Starting Member
matthewp is on a distinguished road

It is normal for the headlights to come on even during the day they are called daytime running lights. Just about every GM vehicle made today has DRLs some have a seperate light; the blazers usually have the highbeams on at about half power. You can disable them, I've never done it myself, but their are articles out their that tell you how. Just make sure that it's not illegal to do where you live.