General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

fog lamp issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Beginning Member
chevyblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile fog lamp issue

I see many enthusiasts in this forum altered their 1998+ blazer’s factory fog lamp setting, and mounted the fog lamps in the front bumper (normally drilling holes on the bumper). Which’s nicer, and I’ll follow your steps very soon.

However, 98+ blazer models have their factory fog lamps built into the parking lamp, turning signal lamp assembly. (which is the white lens in the inner of the lamp assembly). Now, by moving the fog lamps onto the front bumper, the factory fog lamp sockets in this lamp assembly become empty, and I am wondering if you guys have any other conversion on this? Such as plugging in a new bulb, to make this new lamp and your low beam headlamp team up when you switch low beam headlamp on…….

Any advice and tip will be appreciated!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:39 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I've got the standard two bulb lamps with one being a dummy. The factory fog wiring was tied up in front of the radiator so I diverted them to the fogs above the tow hooks. I fitted a second lamp holder in the dummy lens & now have dual turn signals

Old 10-11-2010, 01:51 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I could suggest that you send the factory fogs my way, replace them with the fullsize/standard turns and mount your extra fogs

Old 10-18-2010, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
I've got the standard two bulb lamps with one being a dummy. The factory fog wiring was tied up in front of the radiator so I diverted them to the fogs above the tow hooks. I fitted a second lamp holder in the dummy lens & now have dual turn signals

Love that picture Kiwi - the truck is 'staring' back at you lol
I think the way to go is like what Kiwi has chevyblazer. It looks clean & mean.
I'm going to do a quad beam mod on a relay so I have a choice of when all 4 headlights are on. I was going to run the DRL to the factory fogs but now I might just run the DRL to the aftermarket halogen driving lights I have instead. (MANY more options for aftermarket turn signals that don't have the factory fogs!)

OK, I'll put the beer down
But thnx for the idea on the factory foglights!

Ummm Will, how much did you say you were willing to pay for the factory foglight/signal housings?!

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-18-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:53 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Ummm Will, how much did you say you were willing to pay for the factory foglight/signal housings?!
Right now there is a member who sent me pictures of their and I am waiting for them to get back... I said that eBay has em for 80, and you can get standards for 30-40 shipped, and I was hoping in that range... But the pictures I got were immaculate... like perfect fogs and all, but we shall see, I dont know how active he/she(ambiguous name so no assumptions) is on bf

Old 06-09-2011, 04:36 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Does ne1 know if running the quad beam mod and including factory fogs to stay on with them is possible. If so is it a simple mod to do?

Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I'm pretty sure my fogs could come on when I had the quadbeam mod. I ended up disabling the quadbeam mod so I cant confirm if all six lights can be on at once. Its pretty easy to try (the quadbeam mod) so you could give it a shot

Old 06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

I did the mod by grounding out the solid yellow wire on the lowbeam. I got the quad beam (high and low) to work but fogs shut off with high beams on.