General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Gas Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:43 PM
rocky8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Gas Mileage

Is it true that you can run a car using water?

I don’t know. I’m no mechanic but I saw this video,
As I was looking for something I can use to save some
Money on gas.
http://djdeke.50webs.com/h2ogas.html

I’ve got a GMC 5.7 truck and it just sucks the gas right out of it.

Have you seen it this “do it yourself” hybrid kit?

Thought I’d pass it on.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's funny! Haven't laughed so hard in quite a while!!

Has to be one of the stupidest gimics I've ever seen. All they are doing is taking a mason jar, plumbing a fitting into the vacuum system, then allowing another fitting to be open to the atmosphere (as what is shown in the video on the page you linked to). All this would accomplish is a large scale vacuum leak! Absolutely NO performance or mileage gain what so ever!

Now, if you are considering the hydrogen generator that is further linked to, well, the jury is still out on whether those systems do anything to actually improve the efficiency of your vehicle (improved MPG).

Just saw your other post about this... Please do not post the same thing in multiple areas or you might be considered a spammer...

Old 06-02-2008, 09:23 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Honestly one of the best things you can check...is jack your truck up...doesn't have to be both front tires...turn the tire....if your front axle moves then your wheel hubs are engaged....it's an easy fix for the most part...just switch out the vacuum switch...doesn't matter if you use 4wd or not...I've had to replace 2 on my blazer in the last three years...(seems to be one of the many blazer quirks) I just did mine and it boosted me up 3mpg...(still have something else wrong with my blazer as it's still not getting the gas milage it should) I'm looking to check out the the condensor...it seems to run all the time....just some helpful suggestions for you

Old 06-02-2008, 11:52 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

they have discovered a way to burn salt water. not sure if they're r gunna look into doing it as an alternate fuel or not.

the guy that discovered it discovered it on accident. he was looking for a way to cure cancer so he 'shot' microwaves thru water and that caused the water molecules to vibrate and seperate and then they ignited on fire.