General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Going Crazy Not Driving My Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough
Default Going Crazy Not Driving My Blazer

I haven't been able to drive my Blazer since February 24th. I was in Seattle and a drunk driver hit it while it was parked. Now I'm waiting on the insurance process to determine its fate. In the meantime I'm driving my '93 Sonoma and it's nice and very useful but I miss my Blazer. It's my mobile office and hauls all my equipment. The truck just can't do that the same way.

I can't wait to get back into my Blazer!

Old 03-18-2012, 02:24 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Ooo man thats terrible. At least you werent in it when it got hit. How bad is the damage and what side did it get hit on?

Old 03-18-2012, 04:06 PM

It got hit on the left rear corner. It was enough to twist the bumper up under the body and crumple that corner. The tailgate will only open a couple inches. The most fortunate thing is that my accordion was in the back at the time and it was completely unharmed. I can replace the Blazer for $2000 or less. The accordion? It would be a minimum of about $6000 to replace that.

The guy who hit me also hit six other cars in that incident. The insurance adjuster told me that he may not have enough coverage to pay for everyone's vehicles. The complexity of the claim also means that it's going to be very slow to resolve. She told me it could be two more months to get everything taken care of.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:16 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Toby Hanson
It got hit on the left rear corner. It was enough to twist the bumper up under the body and crumple that corner. The tailgate will only open a couple inches. The most fortunate thing is that my accordion was in the back at the time and it was completely unharmed. I can replace the Blazer for $2000 or less. The accordion? It would be a minimum of about $6000 to replace that.

The guy who hit me also hit six other cars in that incident. The insurance adjuster told me that he may not have enough coverage to pay for everyone's vehicles. The complexity of the claim also means that it's going to be very slow to resolve. She told me it could be two more months to get everything taken care of.
Wow! The guy also hit six other cars? Hopefully there weren't any new BMWs or Mercedes in there. But that accordion is 3 times the blazer?! Goodnight they are expensive! Hopefully it gets resolved sooner than later for ya man.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

That sucks, I hope it does not take as long with insurance company than it has with me trying to get my house fixed from Tropical Storm Irene in August.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:18 AM

I'm a professional accordionist so I play high-end instruments. My instrument was custom-built for me by the Morbidoni Brothers in Castelfidardo, Italy. It has hand-made reeds fashioned from Swedish blue steel. New it was around $10,000. When my Blazer was hit I was at Petosa's looking at a 1985 Model AM-1100 which had come into the shop for sale. It was $7500 and that's for an instrument over 25 years old. It was absolutely beautiful, though. I'd have traded a kidney for that instrument.

In the meantime I'm waiting on word from the insurance company about when to take the Blazer for a repair estimate.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

wow man. When someone rear ended my 00' jeep grand cherokee the agent came out maybe 2 days later and wrote me a check. That was all state i believe,it went pretty fast.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:12 AM

As you can imagine, with seven victims it's a complicated claim. When I first spoke to the adjuster she didn't even have a completed version of the police report. I had to fax my copy to her.