General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Got a couple questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Starting Member
Private_Ops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got a couple questions.

1) Firstly, my drivers side runner bar (nerf bar) is rusting out and I need to get both of them off (would look funny with only one). I've looked underneath and there's two bolts. One goes into the bar and the other into the frame (if I remember correctly). Which bolt do I take out? and would it possibly hurt to use an impact on them to get the bolts out? (there in pretty tight).

2) Secondly, I may end up getting my muffler put on this weekend (no promises though) and I've been thinking. Clamping it on would be quick and dirty but, I think would eventually fail in some way or another quicker than if compared to a weld. Would I be better off having it welded on or clamp it? (Going to talk to a family member about doing it for me)

3) And third. I've noticed when going about 55MPH and over I get a vibration from the front end. I can feel it through the peddles and the steering wheel. I'm thinking its a U-joint (or CV, can't remember). My dad has an old (junky) 95 Sebring and it does the same thing (except all the time no matter the speed). Any reccomendations on what it could be?

Old 02-29-2008, 07:47 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Got a couple questions.

For starters, question one I would use some penetrating oil or wd-40 let it soak for a little bit then hit it with an impact gun. Question two I would just get it welded on so it would be on and no worries about if it will fall of or not. Third question it could be a couple of things from air pressure to unbalanced wheels, I would check the cv shafts out and see what kind of condition they are inbut I would also check air pressure and the balance of the rim and tires!!! Hope this helps any other questions just ask!!

Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Starting Member
Private_Ops is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, that helps. My dad also mentioned something about my tires/wheels being "off". I need to check the pressure on them anyway (I'll do so tomorrow if I dont forget).

Old 02-29-2008, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Ok let us know if that helps we like to hear if the advice given helps or not!!!