General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How my truck got the name Deer Dozer

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 AM
danb2760 is on a distinguished road
Default How my truck got the name Deer Dozer

i did this well over a year ago, sorry if its blury, it was taken with a cell phone, just thought everyone would get a good laugh from this, he did no mechanical damage at all and for 45 minutes driving i didnt even know he was there, yes he is stuck in my bumper, and yes he is impailed with a tow hook, its really sad for the deer i felt horrible for him, but in bambis memory lets dedicate one last laugh to him, (if the picture doesnt show up let me know, im trying to get it right)

so anyone ever hit a deer in a blazer or jimmy? if so how did the truck hold up? what happen to the animal? how fast were you going(i was doing 57)? i think these things are tanks when it comes to takin a lickin and still clickin

Last edited by danb2760; 04-17-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Starting Member
Zanders is on a distinguished road

your pic didn't show up, and after hearing the story i reallyyy need to see this!!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:35 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

I've never hit a deer in a passenger vehicle (knock on wood). I've hit a total of 7 while driving a truck, though.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:19 AM

my ex co worker hit a deer in a 2003 silverado and it busted the transmission coolant line from the radiator and the shop he had it towed to ended up driving the truck into the bay and around the property, no trans fluid in the truck and they destroyed his trans, he ended up having it rebuilt twice

Last edited by danb2760; 04-14-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:25 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

i hit a deer going about 55 in my moms kia rio 5, i hit several dogs, one in my moms kia n a pup in the blazer

my moms kia vs the deer = 4.5k worth of dmg

moms kia vs pup = 0 dmg

blazer vs dog = 0 dmg

i hit them goin like 30

i didnt total the kia, just broke the rad support, messed up the fender, hood, a piller a little n the front pass door

drove just fine no alignment prob no frame bends

Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 AM

all i did was it blew the low beam part of the headlight, dented the bumper, and the plastic bumper(valance), and knocked the turn signal bulb out of the socket and bent up my license plate, but when it hit the bumper it broke that factory weld to the frame on the bracket, didnt give me any driving problems, i did even know he was there untill i pulled into a gas station 45 minutes after i hit him to look at the damage, because when i turned the front wheel re-ran over his carcass, lol, when i got out i fell to my knees holding my stomech laughing, did this back when my engine was knocking too before it blew lol, so anyway i replaced all the grill and headlights and poped the buld back in and all was fine(except for cosmetic damage) so i drove it like that untill this past march and finially got my bumper and valance off ebay and i rewelded that bracket back, he hit so hard he warped the steel bractet, i had to hammer for an hour before i got it straight enough for the bumper to be lined up right, another part of the story was, this happen at 12 at night in the gas station parking lot some guy was pumping gas and he looked pretty drunk but i went up to him after i kicked the deer off the hook and said dude can you help me right quick, he said probably not but what you need, i said, i need you to help me throw this body i have wrapped in a tarp in the back of my truck, oh god he about had a heart attack untill i told him it was a deer lol!, when i got home i just cut the part of the valance that was hanging there off, little bit of unpluging and repluging, lil grinding and welding with some eldow grease, truck looks like it does the day i bought it, brand new front cosmetics and silverstar performence headlights and nice new crome grill, good as new, hell of a funny story though lol, but i was shocked to find it was the entire deer, head body all 4 legs and tail too

Last edited by danb2760; 04-15-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:04 AM
billie joe is on a distinguished road
Default deer dozer and crash test

I aint never hit a deer in my blazer but i seen the crash test for a 98 blazer on youtube and it aint pretty. one of the top 10 worst for front end collitions

Old 04-15-2011, 03:10 AM

yeah i kinda dont agree with those videos, all i seen them do to blazers is run them into solid walls, how many people actually hit solid walls at 60mph, its simple physicals, a blazer is a good little truck to take something on head on(smaller than it) its got a nice hunk of weight, its not rocket science that blazer hit a toyota prius in the front the blazer is ganna win, and generally speaking anything weighing less than the blazer is ganna have SOME give to it, i plowed through bambi and it only felt like i had a pot hole, i didnt even slow down 5mph, but i hit him JUST right so it didnt do any damage

Old 04-15-2011, 09:51 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

i seen that video of a blazer hitting a wall, i was thinking

"im not running into walls anytime soon"

Old 04-15-2011, 10:55 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Picture didn't show up!

And no, I never hit a deer. Hope to never hit one.

Quick Reply: How my truck got the name Deer Dozer