General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

grille guard help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 95blazerman714
I would but I have no mounting brackets. I am trying to find out where I can get some.
I'm not sure you need any brackets guy. Those holes in the brush guard should match up with holes in the frame. No brakets, just bolt on? I'm confused as to what you're talking about with brackets.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:16 AM
95blazerman714 is on a distinguished road

I tried attaching it but it is not long enough and it has a hole for a bracket that goes under the grille.

Originally Posted by EricR
That looks pretty close to what Tibby has. If not then try a body shop, the often can figure out what you will need to mount it. Did the guy you got it from know who made it?
No he had no clue. It came off his 01 zr2 that was totaled. What or who is tibby

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-28-2011 at 07:39 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:10 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

I tried attaching it but it is not long enough and it has a hole for a bracket that goes under the grille.

No he had no clue. It came off his 01 zr2 that was totaled. What or who is tibby
That's my brush guard. And if it mounts to the frame, the brackets are already there. Those brackets come stock on your blazer, you just have to squeeze the brush guard on. Let me take a picture if I can to tell you what I am talking about. I'll post up a pic in a sec.

Okay, when I think of a bracket for the brush guard, this is what I think of. Keep in mind, these come stock on the blazer so you are supposed to already have them. I already had mine installed before my brush guard and they are still installed on there now. I just happened to find a few extras where when I got my brushguard from the junk yard, I took the brackets with me.

Pic time:
Picture of said bracket

and

and here is a picture of where to find these. Take off the grille on your blazer and look at the frame. there should be 4 of these. Two high on the frame and 2 low connected to the bumper and lower valence.

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-30-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:17 AM

I'm sorry I may have said the wrong thing. I need the mounting kit. I have the grille guard and that's it. Nothing that goes between the guard and the truck. If you look at the pics I posted that's all I have and I tried to attach to the truck and there is nothing to hold it on.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:55 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Yeah tibby, the nut in your picture would need a flat part of the grill guard in order to bolt on and the pictures blazerman posted don't have any flat horizontal pieces, just the vertical supports.

blazerman, I don't know the name brand but I found this thread (link below) with a similar looking grill guard. There's a picture of the mounting bracket that looks exactly like what you need, the pattern of holes looks almost identical to yours. (he also has a metal plate to lift the grill guard to match his body lift so just ignore that)

The member that posted that thread (willjones) hasn't posted in quite a while but you could try sending him a private message to see if knows or remembers the brand.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/genera...-issues-23185/

Old 12-29-2011, 07:20 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

I'm sorry I may have said the wrong thing. I need the mounting kit. I have the grille guard and that's it. Nothing that goes between the guard and the truck. If you look at the pics I posted that's all I have and I tried to attach to the truck and there is nothing to hold it on.
Oh, sorry for the wrong information. I misunderstood what you meant by mounting bracket. My bad.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by tibby
Oh, sorry for the wrong information. I misunderstood what you meant by mounting bracket. My bad.
That's ok I miss spoke.

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
Yeah tibby, the nut in your picture would need a flat part of the grill guard in order to bolt on and the pictures blazerman posted don't have any flat horizontal pieces, just the vertical supports.

blazerman, I don't know the name brand but I found this thread (link below) with a similar looking grill guard. There's a picture of the mounting bracket that looks exactly like what you need, the pattern of holes looks almost identical to yours. (he also has a metal plate to lift the grill guard to match his body lift so just ignore that)

The member that posted that thread (willjones) hasn't posted in quite a while but you could try sending him a private message to see if knows or remembers the brand.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/genera...-issues-23185/
Thanks I emailed

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-30-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post and use the multi-quote feature to reply to more than one person.