General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Hard to find a Blazer substitute

  #1  
Old 10-08-2018, 03:01 AM
christine_208's Avatar
BF Veteran
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Moscow, ID
Posts: 2,032
christine_208 is on a distinguished road
Default Hard to find a Blazer substitute

So, every now and then I consider that perhaps it is time to pass on to someone else my almost 20 year old Blazer and get something newer. Then I look at prices for anything that can do what the Blazer can do! Yowza! All that is available that has a minimum of 100,000 miles and is no more than 10 years old costs at least $10,000 if not $15,000. Granted what I'd consider a replacement is larger as there are no body-on-frame trucks like the Blazer anymore. These would be 4Runners, Xterras and I've even looked at Tahoes. I guess it is a good reminder of the great deal on got when I went with getting my Blazer 9 years ago.
 
  #2  
Old 10-08-2018, 11:25 AM
Super Member
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ontario canada
Posts: 1,446
DonL is on a distinguished road
Default

I just seen a listing for a 4 door s10 eith 75000 km on original everything. Looks like it drove off the lot. They are asking 10500 canadian for it.


If I had the money....
 
  #3  
Old 10-09-2018, 06:07 PM
N. Jensen's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 757
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road
Default

I am looking for a pristine 03-04 ZR2 pickup to haul my crap around.

Of course, I will be keeping the Blazer, as well.
 
  #4  
Old 10-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: waterford, mich.
Posts: 811
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road
Default

Someday I'll lose the war on rust like I did with my 91. She was double ugly! I have too many lifetime warranty parts to get into a different vehicle. I'll take a nice trip out of the salt belt and find a clean one.
 
  #5  
Old 10-09-2018, 11:30 PM
christine_208's Avatar
BF Veteran
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Moscow, ID
Posts: 2,032
christine_208 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Rusty Nuts View Post
Someday I'll lose the war on rust like I did with my 91. She was double ugly! I have too many lifetime warranty parts to get into a different vehicle. I'll take a nice trip out of the salt belt and find a clean one.
There was a pretty clean looking 2000 Bravada here in Moscow, ID for sale at $3,500.

 
  #6  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: waterford, mich.
Posts: 811
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road
Default

I'd rather wait how ever many years and buy yours. That way I can negotiate for a bowl of elk stew in the deal.
 
  #7  
Old 10-11-2018, 01:06 PM
christine_208's Avatar
BF Veteran
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Moscow, ID
Posts: 2,032
christine_208 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Rusty Nuts View Post
I'd rather wait how ever many years and buy yours. That way I can negotiate for a bowl of elk stew in the deal.
I'll be sure to let you know if I ever sell it. And if I have any left in the freezer, I'd be glad to make up a batch of stew for you.
 
  #8  
Old 10-15-2018, 12:16 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pasco,WA
Posts: 301
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Once in a great while I think about getting a different rig but a few things always shut the idea down: 1- I don't want a car payment. 2- I know my Blazer pretty much inside and out after the work I've done on it. 3- The insurance on a new rig would most assuredly be higher. 4- Car thieves go after newer vehicles. and 5- I have a lot of spare parts. LOL
Mine is not a daily driver. I take it to the golf course or the store once in a while. I originally bought it, and have kept it, for the 4wd. I must admit that it's relaxing to work on, and restoring it has been a lot of fun. I enjoy all the different builds and mods I see on here too.
 
  #9  
Old 10-15-2018, 01:07 AM
christine_208's Avatar
BF Veteran
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Moscow, ID
Posts: 2,032
christine_208 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT View Post
Once in a great while I think about getting a different rig but a few things always shut the idea down: 1- I don't want a car payment. 2- I know my Blazer pretty much inside and out after the work I've done on it. 3- The insurance on a new rig would most assuredly be higher. 4- Car thieves go after newer vehicles. and 5- I have a lot of spare parts. LOL
Mine is not a daily driver. I take it to the golf course or the store once in a while. I originally bought it, and have kept it, for the 4wd. I must admit that it's relaxing to work on, and restoring it has been a lot of fun. I enjoy all the different builds and mods I see on here too.
You know I did not think about the insurance cost. Good point. What I fear is losing time to do other stuff to fixing the Blazer. Because of bad timing, I pretty much lost the last two weekends to "Garage Blazer Fun!" instead of other more fun stuff. Good thing I do get a certain satisfaction from doing the repairs myself.

In the winter my Blazer is my daily-driver (my '82 Prelude is the rest of the time). I also use it for going to the woods and hauling my 16' sailboat.
 
  #10  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:23 PM
Super Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,125
mr.vls will become famous soon enough
Default

My 89 S15 2WD Auto is my daily driver, (Original Owner) and as a backup I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy Diamond Edition 4WD. The Diamond edition is always ready to fulfill it's duties if my wife's 04 Volvo S60R or my Jimmy is out of action for repairs.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
WBFAir
2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
0
08-19-2017 08:26 AM
laura8088
Tires and Wheels
0
06-20-2014 08:32 AM
James Mc
2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
2
03-10-2014 08:14 PM
cleaveley
2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
2
02-05-2014 02:14 PM
jtbwatson
General Chat
15
05-26-2013 02:59 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hard to find a Blazer substitute


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.