General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Already looking to buy another Blazer..

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:30 PM
GP1
GP1 is on a distinguished road
Default Already looking to buy another Blazer..

So I bought a Blazer ZR2 from a friend around a year ago. He sold it to me for only 2,000 so I couldn't pass it up.

But it didn't have a spare tire, had lots of rattling issus, and couple other things... So I sold it and bought a 06 Eclipse. It's a fun car but I've only had it like 3 or 4 months and already want a Blazer again lol. I live in Utah and the winter in this car is a pain in the ***!

What are the best ways to sell a car with a loan out on it? And what do you think about this Blazer? I wish I could find a ZR2 for a little cheaper.

Chevrolet Blazer | ksl.com

Old 01-08-2013, 04:07 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

generally you sell the same way
buyer makes one payment in full to the bank /finance company and a much smaller if any payment to you LOL

It probably wouldnt hurt to contact your credit instutution and ask them how they would like everything done

Old 01-08-2013, 08:13 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Rattle issues... Dont expect when you get your other one for it to be quiet as a mouse.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

First you need to contact the company that holds the title. That way they know what your doing. Because they need to be paid first or no title.

I will never buy another Blazer even as much as I like them & I will never ever buy from a private party again. So paying a LITTLE more through a dealer if they give you a 30 day 3000 mile FREE warranty is well worth it IMO.

I just put a total of $12,000 into my 98 Blazer 4x4 about $7,000 in repairs last year, & have only owned it for 10 months 13,000 miles. If I have another major repair this year it is going on the market for sale or I'll dump it on a dealer. The car that will replace it will be a CR-V AWD Honda about an 03 or 04. I can buy one for about $8000 with 120,000 miles. I'm sick of the money I have put out & as I said the next major repair without giving me a year or so of usage will result in me dumping my Blazer. I'll take the hit & never own another one. I would refuse a FREE ONE. Because they are way to costly to maintain. I guess if your young & can rebuild the whole truck one piece at a time have at it.

My 97 Blazer 4x4 was costly but I got real good service out of it. I got 100,000 miles of usage & a lot of off-road use. But the reapairs came over time not one on top of another. Waiting now to get it back after LIM gaskets, water pump, & timing cover gasket. Three weeks ago I just had a heater core installed along with new rear brake lines that were leaking, & LOF.
So we will see. The last vehicle I had that did this kind of thing to me was a Ford F250 4x4, But I got 10 years out of it but replaced everything twice. When it left my wife on the freeway in Las Vegas rush hour I gave it away & bought a 99 Dodge QC 4x4 V-10 that has cost me a total of $5500 for the truck & last year I put $600 in repairs into. I bought a new battery this year so far. I owned a Jeep GC Limited 5.9 that was a way better vehicle than this Blazer. I regret not putting a T/C in it & never bought this JUNK BLAZER.

Last edited by 4x4blazerguy; 01-08-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 4x4blazerguy
First you need to contact the company that holds the title. That way they know what your doing. Because they need to be paid first or no title.
I will never buy another Blazer even as much as I like them & I will never ever buy from a private party again. So paying a LITTLE more through a dealer if they give you a 30 day 3000 mile FREE warranty is well worth it IMO.
You must have had real bad luck, I will never not own a blazer/jimmy/bravada, And will never get from a dealer, both the one I have, and the one I had were from private party.
With all the knowledge you have gained from this site, I think you would be more than confident to get a blazer from a private party, Since you would know what to look for, Dealers pull the same stuff that private partys do. They just have a bigger operation.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:58 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Dealers charge way more then they are worth. You might get lucky but I doubt it...

For a zr2 these days your looking to spend 3 to 5k tops.