General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Help designing rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 06:23 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default Help designing rear bumper

Well, this winter I will be building front and rear bumpers for the blazer. I already have the front design in mind and some ideas for the rear. The biggest thing im trying to figure out is the plastic end caps in the rear. I plan on removing the spare tire arm and building one onto the bumper. I got my swing arm design from here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/r...-along-101332/. The plan was to remove the plastic end caps and have the bumper wrap around and have the bumper even with the body all the way around. Then i realized is has to have a cutout so the tailgate can fold down. So i was going to make the bumper have the little step down in the back to clear the tailgate but now im unsure on how to mount the swing arm. Also if i remove the end caps the flares might look funny since they formed to the end cap. So i would like to somehow keep part of the end cap. Anyone have any ideas.

After reading this over I realized it is probably very confusing for you guys since you dont see exactly what im talking about. I will try to draw up a few pics to explain it better.

Last edited by NVANZEE; 08-21-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:47 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i know this is a resuscitation at this point, but how is this going?

any ideas for you ends?
curios to see what you came up with. i checked out the link, thats a great how to.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:42 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

haha I forgot i posted that. I didnt get to either of the bumpers over the winter. I am currently working on the front. Im getting the steel this week. I think I figured out how im going to do the rear bumper. I will be sure to post pics when i get them done. The front should be done within the next week or so.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

that would be great if you posted a little info, thickness, cost. minor how to.
i have tinkered with the idea for awhile..