General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

HID kit Review for HIDextra.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Former Sponsor
hidextra.com is on a distinguished road
Default HID kit Review for HIDextra.com

This thread is intended for people who has installed hidextra.com HID kits.

***NEW PROMOTION***

NEW and CURRENT customers have a chance to win a FREE HID kit by joining FACEBOOK GROUP: hidextra.com !
Details will be posted on the group page!

Last edited by hidextra.com; 10-30-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be doing mine this weekend.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:49 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

im not sure when i will get to mine. Im in the middle of installing a lift. So it might be a couple weeks.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Beginning Member
Cmurda is an unknown quantity at this point

Advantages for HID Lights:
HID lights generate a greater output of light compared to the original halogen bulbs, which can be up to 3 times greater. And its light covers almost 70% of the road, so it's good for road safely as driver has a better vision on the road. If you have the experience in using the original halogen bulbs, the bulb life is short, but HID lights can last up to 4-10 years with a greater durability, can withstand a greater amount of vibrations and shocks.
Color Temperature:
HID Color temperature refers to the degrees (K), which simply the measures of the color for the lighting output, like golden yellow, white, crystal white, blue. Degree (k) refers only to the color, while lumen refers to the lighting intensity. So the higher the color temperature (degrees K) doesn't mean a higher light intensity (lumen). Here is the summary for the common color temperature on the market -- 3000K (Golden Yellow) , 4300K (Bright White), 5000K (white), 6000K (Crystal White),8000K (Crystal Blue), 10000K (Aqua Blue), 12000K (Purple-Blue).

Bulb Size:
The common bulb size is H1, H3, H4, H7, h13, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, D1S, D2S. And it has single beam conversion, hi lo kits, Telescope and Bixenon kits. Here is the summary for the features and bulb sizes ranges for all those kits.
Single Beam Conversion Kits -- H1, H3, H4-1, H7, 9004-1, 9005, 9006, 9007-1, with 2 ballasts and installation clamps.
Hi-lo Beam: H4-2, 9004-2. 9007-2 hid for low beam and halogen bulb for high beam, with 2 ballasts and installation clamps.
Telescope Kit: H4-3, 9004-3, 9007-3, single HID can switch between high beam and low beam, with 2 ballasts and installation clamps.
Bi-xenon Kit: H4-4, 9004-4, 9007-4, 2 HID bulbs on each bulb, which works for high and low beam, with 4 ballasts and installation clamps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have a lot of options to choose from with the different bulb temperatures: regardless of which one you choose you will never want to go back to original halogen bulbs.
I was in the market for another set of HID, I had a prior set for a while and really enjoyed the upgraded experience being able to see everything around me at night. I upgraded my factory housings to a projector housing, which required a different bulb size. So after hours and hours of searching for the right set and the best deal, I came across a posting on Blazerforum.com by hidextra.com. I am so glad that I found this before I made a purchase anywhere else, only thing I regret is not finding them sooner. I’ve bought HID kits for family and friends as gifts and could have saved a lot of money going through hidextra.com.
So for the past two weeks after putting on my new projector housings I’ve had to deal with going back to the factory halogen bulbs. I hated it I could barely tell that I even had lights on. So like prior experience I figured I was going to have to wait another two weeks to get my order. To my surprise I made my order Monday 5/18 evening with hidextra.com and Thursday 5/21 I received my kit and had them installed. So if you want your kit fast and hate waiting like me then hidextra.com is the best way to go hands down. This kit is superior comes with 2 year warrenty and unlike prior kits this one came with 9 pages of directions showing exactly how to hook up the HID kit and the relay harness that I ordered. With the step by step directions that came with this kit my 5 year old nephew could have installed it. Only took me about 30 minutes to have everything installed and running. So it really made my week to get my order so quick, so to anyone out there searching for the right HID kit or have any questions regarding HID products look into hidextra.com you wont regret it. So my thanks goes out to hidextra.com and Karen for posting this great deal. Check out the website hidextra.com, or for any questions call Karen at 860-821-8212. I know they will be my resource for any future HID needs.

Satisfied Customer,
Cory P
Tampa, FL.

Here are my HID pics:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...022/new002.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...022/new003.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...022/new006.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...022/new007.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...022/new009.jpg

Old 05-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor
hidextra.com is on a distinguished road

thank you for the great review, we are doing the best we can to provide good and quality customer service to every member.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This kit could not have been easier to install. It took maybe 20 minutes start to finish. With as easy as the headlights pop out on my Rainier and the ample room to mount the ballasts, it was a breeze. Not to mention not having to lay on my back at all!

I mounted the ballasts directly under the headlight header panel on top of the radiator core support lower frame section:

The results speak for themselves:

This last image shows the difference between the Silver Star Ultra's in the low beam and the 5000K HID fogs:

I am very pleased with the product as a whole. They start up quickly and light up the road! The distance the light travels is the biggest plus for me.

One word of caution on the bulbs. One of mine had originally fit loose in the fog light housing. I did not notice that the rubber gasket was rolled over out of place and not compressing at all when inserted into the housing. HIDExtra shipped me out a replacement bulb very quickly! Great support!! Thanks!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road

I still have stock bulbs in mine and they are pretty dim, I would love to get HID but I cant afford that right now, whats a good choice just so i get some more light outta them.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:54 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Cmurda, did you install the HID's in the projector lights? I ordered 9005's for my projectors because thats what they have installed when I got them. (high beam bulb in a low beam application, hence the "cut-off plate" in the projector lens) The HID's should be here Mon. June 8 & I'm excited about them. The 8000K Ice Blue should look & function great! Nice bit of bling with the Ice Blue but still have a, a um, errr 'blazing' effect for lumination?!... though the $25USD for shipping to Canada was a bit of a turn off.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:01 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i will be installing mine next weekend.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:58 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
I still have stock bulbs in mine and they are pretty dim, I would love to get HID but I cant afford that right now, whats a good choice just so i get some more light outta them.
well theres the Sylvania Ultra Whites or the Super Whites... but for the price of a pair of those (either the high beam 9005 or low beam 9006) you'd be about the same if not ahead to buy HID's instead.

Quick Reply: HID kit Review for HIDextra.com