General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Be Honest

Old 12-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough
Default Be Honest

I'm thinking about selling my 2004 to get to get my k5 running again, it needs a transmission.

I'm going to list some stuff that needs to be fixed and i was wondering how much you think i should ask for it.
This picture is a little old but it looks almost the same other than the bowtie being black and the parking lights have been replaced with new ones that are not smoked.

Id like to get 3500 but im being realistic and im thinking its not worth that much with all the stuff that needs to be fixed.

first off, it runs great and looks great and has premium sound and exhaust.. Just a few items that need attention...

cons
~Drivers side seat does not move back or forward anymore.
~There is a service light on, o2 code. changed sensor and the code never went away.
~Has a small oil leak, not sure where from.
~4x4 pulls hard to the right when engaged, not sure why that is happening.
~Front end suspension needs a tune up i think, small popping noise when turning or hitting bumps. not sure what needs to be fixed to fix that.
~Heater is blowing cold, thinking i just need to do a coolant flush to fix this and i'm going to do that after xmas

Thanks for any input fellas and i hope this isnt the wrong section to post this in, just looking for some honest advise.

Thanks again and merry Christmas!
Brian

Last edited by Brian_D; 12-20-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:27 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

In CA you can't sell (legit) a vehicle with smog related trouble codes. With the suspension /4x4 stuff fixed and O2 fixed It would be very easy to sell for that price in CA. Don't know about other markets

Last edited by LeWhite; 12-21-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:01 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LeWhite
In CA you can't sell (legit) a vehicle with smog related trouble codes. With the suspension /4x4 stuff fixed and O2 fixed It would be very easy to sell for that price in CA. Don't know about other markets
Well, its a good thing they do not live in Cali.......

Old 12-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

It passes emissions when i unhook the battery so the light goes off for a few hours, ^_^

Old 12-21-2014, 09:08 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brian_D
It passes emissions when i unhook the battery so the light goes off for a few hours, ^_^
here it has to have gone threw a drive cycle or it shows up and that is still a fail

I think the price is high considering the cons
Price can also be region specific