General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

how do you like your blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: how do you like your blazer?

BLK, like I said, I usually get 18, but the HIGHEST I've ever gotten was 24. Drove from Lancaster, PA to Altoona, PA (164 miles, 328 round trip, round up to 350 for little trips while in Altoona). I reset trip odometer and filled up before I left Lancaster, then filled up when I returned. Took total miles and divided by gallons it took to re-fill and got 23.8 something or other mpg.

Though after doing some cursory research, looks like the best they came with from the factory was 21-22 highway. So for the sake of argument, let's say the best I've gotten was 22. I'm willing to concede 2mpg for a poor memory and potentially incorrect math.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:15 PM
LORCLAS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hate it.

The plant installed the wrong grille and headlights.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Wish they would have screwed up mine that bad

Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

Just so you know, I have never squeezed 25mpg out of my Blazer. I'm usually around 20mpg at the best of times.
I wasnt talking about you and TrippleBlack I wasnt talking about you either since you said you only did once. Its just it seems most people say the best mileage they evergot(not just this page any page) when average means a lot more than saying I once got xx MPG.

Sorry Im done.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:51 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

If i do 60 on state highways (speedlimit 55) and don't really gun it I get 24-25mpg. Of course this is while i am driving 250 miles straight through to school. If I am going 65-70mph on 65mphspeed limit areas and baby it I get 22ishmpg. Around town I average 18 mpg. Off roading and I dont even want to talk about that gas mileage, usually 10-15 mpg depending how often I am in 4x4H or 4x4L.

Oh and to get better gas mileage I have a K&N stock air filter thats clean, air up the highway tires to about 35psi cold, and make sure the fuell filter/spark plugs/oxygen sensors are working good.

-Lenny

Old 05-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer
Off roading and I dont even want to talk about that gas mileage, usually 10-15 mpg depending how often I am in 4x4H or 4x4L.
lol,15mpg ismy average gas mileage on the highway!

Old 05-23-2007, 03:00 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Jigg

Off roading and I dont even want to talk about that gas mileage, usually 10-15 mpg depending how often I am in 4x4H or 4x4L.
Mine is getting there. 16-17 hwy/14-15 City if im gentle on it, otherwise............

Old 05-23-2007, 06:12 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: RCars2

ORIGINAL: Jigg

Mine is getting there. 16-17 hwy/14-15 City if im gentle on it, otherwise............
Well you are driving in the heat of AZ running the AC and what not more than I ever do, since I am in the UP of MI, we just reached 82 today and it is going to get cooler again. Also I have a very stock vehicle with no suspension or tire mods. And just to be know my actual average highway driving is 22-23mpg not the 25mpg.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Back to the original subject guys: How do you like your Blazer?

Old 05-23-2007, 08:52 PM
89beater is an unknown quantity at this point

I love mine and mines old, full of rust and has about 200,000 miles on it. i rearly take it easy on the old thing and it still runs like a champ. as for the whole gas milage thing i think the best mines ever gotten is about 18 on the highway.

Quick Reply: how do you like your blazer?