General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

how do you like your blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:41 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: how do you like your blazer?

Yeah sorry, little off topic there.........Love my blazer to death. Dale has treated me quite well and beyond a tranmission nothing major has gone wrong (and even still the trans failed due to misuse by the original owner because it was a rental vehicle). If i remember right i got Dale 2 years used in November of 2002 with 52K miles and just the other day he hit 137K. Got him for $12,000 but with being upside down on my trade in i paid $13,500. Drives smooth, runs smooth, just been doing general mainenance and thats really it. Taken countless road trips with him with no issues except for one time going back to Wisconsin i broke a serpentine belt but still thats bound to happen. Of the list of vehicles that ive owned in my life Dale ranks second on my list just behind my 95 silverado which is solid as a tank and has never ever let me down, not once (its a shame my brother sold that truck too).

Old 05-24-2007, 07:27 PM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my blazer. it gets decent gas milage, has good pickup, has enough room, and its very maneaverable. I used to have an F150 and that thing was a PITA to park but my blazer is 10 times easier to park. Got my blazer 3 months ago and so far i love it.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:07 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

It is one of the best vehicles I have owned. I liked it so much I bought 3 more. Currently I have 3 S10-Blazers, and the wife wants me to sell another one.

My '00 will be around for another decade, once the engine goes I will be dropping in a V8. Easy swap as far as swaps go.

Like the first post to this thread.
These are perfect for me.
I can tow my Boy Scout Troop trailer, only other trucks in the Troop that can tow it are fullsize. 3500 on the bumper and 5400 on a hitch. All the other mid-sized rigs had failures. Mini-van blew a rear axle, Ranger blew a tranny, the rest wont try.
I can load it it up with building supplies, washer or dryer in the box will fit in the back end. Specifically designed so they fit.
I can haul the family on vacation, plus all of our gear. Gets a little tight with a dog and two kids though.
I can load it up with everything we need for a camping trip.
Take it 4 wheeling.
Drag people out of snow banks or push them off the road (grill gaurd).
Pull them out of the mud.
Take the wife to dinner and get groceries.
Its a Sport UTILITY Vehicle and lives up to its name.
The same engine and tranny in the S10-Blazers are also found in the Fullzies pick up trucks. In fact the tranny is found inlots of 1/2tonand lighter rear wheel drive vehicles, including the corevette.

The Exploder (Fords version of a mid-sized SUV) has problems, and U-Haul will NOT rent a trailer to be pulled by an Exploder. Call and ask em. Ford Exploder is taller, wider, and longer, however it is much less capable in all aspects.

If you look at eh Heep Cherokee, it has a unbody. Frame is part of the body and thus a huge restriction on towing capability.

Not too mention the 4.3L V6 engine is strong and dependable just like its big brother the 350/5.7. The 4.3 is a 5.7 with two pistons removed. I could go on and on and on.

I really like the S10-Blazers. They are well built and built to handle a lot of different functions. They truely do live up to the Utility part of thier name.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

My first blazer was a 91 2 door. I only had it for a few weeks, but I loved the thing cuz it was a stick and thus hella fun to drive. It had bad leakes in the oil cooler lines so it needed a quart pretty much every day but still, sucker was tough.

Currently i have a 98 LT 4x4, has all options except sunroof. had 135k when i got it last august and now has 153k. Only problem really and still have it is the AC blows hot air. I don't care though cuz the windows are always down (i got lots of bass) so it isn't a huge issue. I get around 13 in the city (no point conserving gas in an SUV) best i've gotten was 17. Highway is usually around 20-22 at 65 mph and around 17-18 at 75 mph. I've driven from Colorado to Mississippi and back plus a few trips from Lexington to Jackson while i was there (100 mi round), Colorado to Phoenix and back, and just got back from Minnesota plus I drove all around the twin cities while there. Very smooth ride, I was surprised on how carlike this thing is yet is still truck tough when you need it to. I got a big bandpass box and still has great cargo space for me. Kinda wish it had a manual overdrive instead of automatic OD but oh well. Great 4wd and lots of grunt in 4 lo. Very very solid ride and i'm glad i got it. I'll probably sell it after a few months for a Subaru wagon, but if i need an SUV down the road again I am definitely only gonna look at Blazer LTs.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

I pretty much love it to death. It gets better gas mileage than my old Trans Am, and it hauls. Plus it's one of the few Blazer Xtremes around here, there's like three and maybe 12 S-10 Xtremes. I like being special.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:46 PM
blazin86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im thinking about keeping my car till at least right b4 winter for the 4x4, but idk anymore cuz of gas prices. I got upto 31.5mpg with probable more than 400lbs of stuff. Yea I like that, but that and the looks is about the only things I like about it. My friend had a '00 4x4 and pulled a 26' boat hull we found off roading far in sand just for fun. And on top of that we went off roading and I was in my other friends jeep with a lift and like 42" tires and hes jeep sputtered when we went through A LOT of water, and my friends blazer (stock weight) went fine. I love GMs and has a 88' 2500GMCvan with the 350 engine. Sold it with over 260,000 original miles on the engine and tranny replaced at 210,000.

Is there features that I want to look for (like ZX-2) or things I need to watch out for (like motor problems)?

Old 05-28-2007, 05:55 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazin86

Im thinking about keeping my car till at least right b4 winter for the 4x4, but idk anymore cuz of gas prices. I got upto 31.5mpg with probable more than 400lbs of stuff. Yea I like that, but that and the looks is about the only things I like about it. My friend had a '00 4x4 and pulled a 26' boat hull we found off roading far in sand just for fun. And on top of that we went off roading and I was in my other friends jeep with a lift and like 42" tires and hes jeep sputtered when we went through A LOT of water, and my friends blazer (stock weight) went fine. I love GMs and has a 88' 2500GMCvan with the 350 engine. Sold it with over 260,000 original miles on the engine and tranny replaced at 210,000.

Is there features that I want to look for (like ZX-2) or things I need to watch out for (like motor problems)?
WHAT???!!!!!!!!
Damn that made my head hurt!...I don't understand this post..can someone please make it make sense?

Old 05-28-2007, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

My Blazer's been good to me so far, I've only had it 4 months, though, lol...

On average, if I baby it in town, I get 15mpg, it used to get 16 or 17, but 30 inch tires kinda lower that a bit in town...

I haven't done any real highway trips since I got the big lights put on the brushguard... My first highway trip landed me with 24 - 25 MPG @ 75MPH, that was with everything bone stock, except for the sub, and a Hypertech tune.

I figure, I'll probably get about 20 - 22 mpg now that I've got the big lights and brushguard on...

Though, if the lights suck too much mileage, I'll be taking them off, lol...

It does not too bad in the mud (kinda bogs down in 4HI when plowing through 1.5 - 2 feet of packed snow, and have to kick it down to 4 low, but that just means I've gotta shove a 5.3 under the hood...)

Hopefully soon, I'll get the chance for some real play time in the mud (not really something I want to do when I'm alone, lol)

Old 06-06-2007, 11:24 AM
dontoe is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm quitefond of mine...........

Old 06-06-2007, 11:52 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome pics.

I would recommend a Chevy Cavalier over the Ford Probe. My wifes '03 Cavy gets 34mpg 75% highway 25% around town. Until she gets over gas price sticker shock I am driving the Cavy back and forth to work, and she drives the Blazer. Although I suspect she is useing gas prices as a flimsy excuse so she can drive the Blazer back and forth to work.

Anytime we go out, or on long trips we take the Blazer.