General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Hunting For Mudflaps

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:12 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough
Default Hunting For Mudflaps

Hey guys. It is the time of the year where mudflaps are almost necessary. I have a ZR2 so getting mudflaps to attach on to the fender flares isn't an easy task.

I found another ZR2 in town, and it has mudflaps on it too. I snapped a few cell phone pic of the mudflap, and how it was bolted up. Now I just need to find the flaps. I asked at the local chevy dealer, and he said that they stopped making the molded flaps that I'm looking for.

I checked on ebay and did a google search as well, with no luck.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone on here could point me in the direction of these flaps.

Sorry about the HUGE pic. Not too sure how to edit the size!

Old 12-01-2009, 05:40 PM
NewFirstGen is on a distinguished road

Kinda looks like the ones my local carquest sells,
http://www.highlandusa.com/
look under product catagory, highland,protecting, mud guards. many moled, logo'd and even diamond plate ones there.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The local dealer has quite a few of these on the peg board in the parts room.

Here are a few PNs for you to try for the 9.7" wide ones:
12497430 - Chevrolet text
19213389 - no logo or text
19213391 - Chevrolet bow tie logo

I think the descriptions are proper, but you would want to check to make sure. These are the same mudflaps they suggest for Trailblazer, Silverado, etc. They are not the molded in kind.

For 11" wide ones that are recommended for Silverado, Tahoe, & Suburban:
12497448 - bow tie logo
12497447 - no logo or text

Old 12-01-2009, 05:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, one of the dealers i deal with has a few on their board too-is this why things like this are always said to be "out of stocK"?

are you sure they only fit the ZR2's? 'cause they look an awful lot like the ones i've seen on the regular Blazer's.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The mudflaps shown in the picture in the OP are generic mud flaps. Nothing specific to a particular model.

I would see what you think of the 11" wide ones from the larger full size trucks though. It'll probably fit better behind the larger/wider tires on a ZR2.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:30 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Its just a matter of getting them to bolt up right. The flares are on an angle where you have to bolt them, so anything too big or too thick with just rub against the tire while your driving. And I'm sure that can't be great for them.

Thanks for the links though. Hopefully I can get a couple sets. My local Chevy dealer says they dont make those anymore, and all I could get would be full-size flaps.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Administrator

You would definitely have to see what fits the best. My dealer would sell me both sets and let me return the one I didn't want to go with.