General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I have an idea but need some feedback

Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough
Default I have an idea but need some feedback

I've been thinking these past couple days about my truck, and today gave me a little more confidence since I visited the local car audio and other customization store today and was fairly impressed with their inventory and how they do business. So here is my idea, do you think this store would give me discounts or get me hook ups if I offer to advertise their business on my truck? maybe something like a windshield sticker and a rear glass sticker. Today the guy who owns the place was admiring my truck so that makes me start to think that maybe this is a good idea, especially because their shop is downtown and most of their business is people who want big rims and 3 15" subs, but this shop also installs lift kits, winches, tires, and wheels. I was thinking since my truck is an off road rig I may be able to pull some customers who would have never thought to go downtown to get their off roading and car audio needs. Its just an idea not sure if places like that would do something like that or if I'm dreaming. Let me know what you guys think

Old 08-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It all depends on how receptive the owners are. It is not unheard of for places to do things like that, but it all starts with talking with them.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Banned
Topsecret66 is on a distinguished road

Just remember Benny. I don't know where you live, but where I am window stickers mean you should get theft and vandalism on your truck.

People steal from anything with a audio sticker on because they realize a deal has been generally made which has costed a fair bit of money. Making a easy cash in for them.

I'm thinking it's a bad idea. just save your money and do a good, clean install with no steal me stickers.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:29 AM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
It all depends on how receptive the owners are. It is not unheard of for places to do things like that, but it all starts with talking with them.

I agree. What's the worst that could happen, no discounted price? All they can do is say no.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:13 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If you have the shop logo on your truck they may just assume it's a work truck... If you start plastering ALPINE stickers all over your windows you'll be asking for it though.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Never hurts to ask.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:10 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I might stop down again this week to see if they sell the carpet for sub boxes. my box needs carpeted really bad. I'm bring up the topic and see where it goes from there. The owner has a blazer with 24's and the stores logo on the doors