General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I just learned that i need a spare

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

I'm glad I got that changed the other night now it is snowing. Supposed to get an inch and turning into freezing rain mid morning/noon and friday is looking pretty snow according to the news.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

i'm really getting sick of having the spare in the back compartment of my jimmy personally. but of course the wire snapped on the underside holder, so my plan in jan is to go grab up the spare tire rack from the yard and install it on the Jimmy SLT. i've seen some readups and i can get a fullsize spare tire on the same rim as mine for the if/when time occurs.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

Yea I'd like to have a spare tire carrier on my 4door there's actully quite a few guys on here that have put then on their second gens. They look good.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:10 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mov4x4
Yea I'd like to have a spare tire carrier on my 4door there's actully quite a few guys on here that have put then on their second gens. They look good.
NOT!

the best mod i ever did on my '92 was remove the rear carrier, and make a roof mount for it.

word of caution: always, and i mean always, remember that your spare is mounted on the roof when going into an underground parking structure.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:35 AM

lol i take it u smucked ur's the one time? haha n yea some vehicles look better with them not mounted on the carrier.... personally i think the carrier is the better option in my situation as i think i'd like to cut into the floor boards in the back compartment of my jimmy and build in hide away compartment. i don't intend on putting a cage or much of anything on the roof of this jimmy too

Old 12-24-2010, 03:09 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

nah, i didn't catch it on anything. but someone that was going to bring my Jimmy into the underground while i looked @ his car almost did.

good thing my 6th sense went off. caught him just as the door was almost completely open. dumbass also couldn't drive stick very well. could smell my clutch as i walked up to the truck.

pretty bad considering he only had to move about 800 feet to get to the door. and it's not like he had to reverse or anything. but that's another story, for another thread.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:26 AM

lol surprisingly enough when i learned stick i learned it on a Spec D stage 2 clutch with a B&M short shifter. never actually smelt it burning fortunately but i did stall my cavalier quite a few times learning :/ i would NEVER recommend a Spec D clutch to anyone cuz they're absolute SHAT... to put it nicely your engage point is NEVER the same for first gear, sometimes 1/4 the way out, sometimes half, sometimes less than a 1/4. its getting a bully stage 4 next winter.

back on topic tho - i picked up an almost brand new spare dummy tire for a whole $5 from my local yard thats taking up quite the room in the "trunk" area :/ i'll go grab the storage rack in jan and pop the puppy on. PIC's will follow with it.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:46 PM
BF Guru

kinda off topic, but it's funny that you mention what you had to learn to drive stick on.

i tried to teach my wife (GF @ the time) how to drive stick with 3 of my vehicles. one had mechanical clutch linkage (1st Dart, LA block powered), no dice. one was a cable clutch (Omni, VW powered), no dice either. finally thought the hydraulic clutch in the Jimmy would help to keep things all smooth, but again, no dice.

so i figure after 9 months of no-go, i'll find a big empty parking lot, on a nice & early Sunday morning, and we'll go out in the "Beast" (Dart that is currently in my sig).

well...........after she stalled it close to a dozen times, i finally get it drilled into her head that she can't hurt her (the car), and if (WHEN) she feels it's going to stall, just stand on the throttle, it'll over power the desire to choke & stall. well....it worked-big time! i forgot to tell her about shifting ('cause we never got going in 1st gear anyways), and after she lays two strips about 100 feet long, and the tach is screaming past past the 7 grand mark, and i'm screaming @ her "SHIFT!!!!!" i finally reach over & kill the fuel pump.

she's smilling like your cat who just ate all the gold fish, going, "What?!!".

needless to say, she's never had a problem driving stick since. only problem tho, was she quickly caught on, on how to power shift through all 4 gears!

ok, now back to our regularly scheduled program.....................