General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I'm at the end

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:08 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road
Angry

Originally Posted by KM346
Sorry to hear youre so upset, but i just have to know... how in the world did you spend $12,000 on maintenance?
It is hard when you have to pay to get work done.
I paid $3900 for this CarFax PERFECT truck. 500 miles & to the Shop front wheel bearing, service A/C & general service. Then ABS issues. new tires, P/S pump, Pitman arm, lower ball joints, new front shocks, rear brakes, fuel pump, pressure regulator, heater core, tune-up, LIM, water pump, rear hatch activator, rear washer pump, rear wiper arm & blade, rear power window motor, front window motor fell out, wiper pulse board, 4x4 actuator, rear brake line, new muffler, B&M Super Cooler. door pins, new light switch.
Now pan R&R & whatever checking & replacing rod bears will cost $1500 I guess.
So I have:
$3900 for the truck.
$750 for tires
$65 B&M Cooler
$100 Pro Flow Max Muffler
$100 Tint
$8585 in parts & labor for a new total after I get it back of about $13,500. I have put 13,000 miles on this junk heap so not counting gas this has cost me over a $1000/mile.
Undoubtedly I'm one of the stupidest, idiots, alive in modern times.
I hope that explains it. Anyone that does anything close to what I have done needs to be admitted to a mental hospital for life.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

U can't count wear items like brakes and tire /fuel oil

Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 PM

I understand regular maintenance is a cost of driving. But what I was answering was how I spent $13,500 in repairs.
So I did a break down of expenses.
There is still $8585.00 in repairs, for 13,000 miles of driving. It has been in the shop more than we have driven it in the 10 months we owned it. BOUGHT 3/12.
It is JUNK no matter how you cut it.
After the engine is fixed & I switch out tires give me $2000 cash & drive it away

Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Banned

Seems like you could gave hired a limo driver for what it cost u

Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

I'm thinking going from a GM to a Ford is like trading a lemon for a lime. $.02

Old 02-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Banned

Theres a reason the government had to bail gm out, government motors, u know the government fails at all. Should have let gm go bankrupt so they would have started making good cars again or none at all

Old 02-13-2013, 03:45 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Every Make and model has its issues. Thats the way I think of it.

These trucks are getting older and older and they require attention. Want something where you can get into and drive it with out any issues then buy a new vehicle if you can afford it. Just my .02 cents

Me personally I own trucks that are old and break down at points But I enjoy wrenching on them and they are payed free and clear. I dont need to worry about missing that car payment every other month. But thats me.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 PM

I feel some of you are missing my point of disgust. All I drive is used vehicles. I could go down & pay cash for a new one but new are too expensive for what you get.
If I would of bought this & it had a questionable CARFAX & only paid a minimal price, I wouldn't feel the way I do.
But I paid good money for this Blazer. The CARFAX said it was worth $300 over RETAIL because of its history. So I paid $39 & it appears from everything that is gone on with this truck a lot either wasn't reported or doctored.
If I had put this kind of money for repairs over a time/mileage period I would feel different. We had a 97 Blazer 4x4, we loved it except it was an above average in repairs. But in 3 years & 100,000 miles I didn't mind. But we haven't been able to drive this except to & from the shop. I knew the common problems with these trucks because of owning the 97.
New Disc Pads on REAR in 116,000 miles? Pitman Arm in that mileage, heater core? Come on I'm a retired mechanic & that doesn't add up.
Blazers are not made anymore for a reason, they were sub-par vehicles with tons of issues. Way above any vehicle I have ever owned. I should of had my head examined for buying a second one.
This truck is a BIG LEMON but with most of the issues common to Blazers with a few exceptions.
Had I got it back after the heater core & been able to drive it a few months before the LIM, water pump failed that would of been different but we drove it one day when the LIM showed up. Them I get it back & a knock shows up. No I have a 99 Dodge 2500, QC 4x4 I bought over a year ago for $5500 & have towed a 10,000# TT for over 9000 miles & only had to do regular maintenance.
Our 90 Honda needed about $1500 of work at about 110,000 miles, it has 171,000 now with only regular maintenance. A far cry from $8600 this Blazer has cost @ 116,000 miles???? Now an engine, The trans is weaker than our 97 so it is after the engine. Then what the gear boxes??? Does it stop NO it sure hasn't & doesn't appear to ever stop. I just bought a 95 Ford F150 4x4 to replace this Blazer with 138,000 miles & my buddy just drove it here 800 miles no issues. I only drove the Blazer 125 miles after buying it to find a front hub & bearing gone.
So the bottom line I'm upset for being so stupid in regards to buying a second Blazer. After almost $8600 we have a vehicle that now needs an engine to drive it. I should of known better. They're great trucks for young people who want & like to spend a good deal of time being back yard mechanic's, because Chevy parts are cheap & plentiful.
Just a side note. I have owned hundreds of vehicles in my life. I have only blown 3 motors in my life. One was a 54 Packard straight 8 I ran it out of oil. The other two were small block Chevy's just driving down the road @ 65 mph full of oil/water etc. out of nowhere they blew, one so bad that the #1 rod broke the cam in half with one end & the other went through the block

Last edited by 4x4blazerguy; 02-13-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:00 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

If you dont like it Just get rid of it and move on with your life. I understand what your going thru.

I got my spider done 2 years ago and now I need an other one.. But that was my fault. MY dad brought my truck to a mechanic and the mechanic used a cheap spider instead of a good one and charged me for a good one.

Any ways im sucking it up and doing the repair. But I understand what your going thru. I wish the best of luck with the new truck.

Remember Not all of these blazers are in that bad of shape... It all depends on its history. Some people just add gas and drive. Some of us pin point every single problem and fix it the correct way.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Banned

Ya i dont trust chevys any farther then i can push them anymore, they turned to real garbage after 1988

Quick Reply: I'm at the end