General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I'm at the end

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chestypuller
Ya i dont trust chevys any farther then i can push them anymore, they turned to real garbage after 1988
Why are you on a site that is dedicated to GM than? So you can bash them? or what?

and you CAN count regular maintenance in the total of what you had to put into it. Last I checked, that stuff was not free... IE.. MONEY YOU HAVE PUT INTO IT.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

I like cheap junk thats why i buy them, some people like new cars and i like cheap junky ones, since i like cheap junky blazers i need to be on a site to help me fix my cheapnjunky blazers makes it easier for me to figure out the common failures of them.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 AM
KM346 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 4x4blazerguy
New Disc Pads on REAR in 116,000 miles? Pitman Arm in that mileage, heater core? Come on I'm a retired mechanic & that doesn't add up.
LOL i usually let my brake pads go 200K+ before service so i can understand your disgust.

If you're a retired mechanic this thread is full of fail.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:10 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by KM346
LOL i usually let my brake pads go 200K+ before service so i can understand your disgust.

If you're a retired mechanic this thread is full of fail.

True this

Old 02-14-2013, 09:47 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

My wife & I had our 1997 Blazer 4x4. It had issues but nothing we couldn't live with because it gave us good service. We were doing a lot of off-roading. We would find ourselves a 100 miles in the middle of nowhere with that Blazer & it was very dependable. It rode good & was really good off-road in the desert. It was getting close to 200,000 miles & we had a 98 GC 5.9 Limited Jeep with 130,000 miles on it. So we sold the Blazer & decided to use the Jeep. Well it was good for what we wanted but the gas mileage & the fact it required 91 octane, we decided to get another Blazer 4x4. I;m not sure after a very reputable shop that has done a lot of work for us over the years give it back to us that it will make it 500 miles up to Nevada to a place we own, so I can swap out the tires. In fact I'm taking the Ford I just bought so if it breaks down we can tow it back. So even if I put a new engine in it I will never trust it. I refuse to have a vehicle that I have to worry every time we drive it that something might break & we could be stranded on the side of a highway in the middle of the night 50 or 60 miles from anything. Nevada & Arizona have vast distances between towns.
From Yuma it is 80 miles to Quartzsite. The only thing between them is a Border Patrol Check station about halfway.
I have been out of the mechanic business for years. So I use these forums to get ideas were to look for issues. I will say again this is a great forum with a lot of good knowledgeable people. You guys have helped me a lot. I will hang around this forum to try & help others & pass on what you guys & owning two Blazers has taught me.
If you look up my posts here you will see I have tried to be a person that has tried to offer help to others.
The crazy thing is I like the Blazers but this one has not treated me right at all. I doubt I will ever buy or own another one. But I still own this 98.

Last edited by 4x4blazerguy; 02-14-2013 at 09:54 PM.