General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Im keeping the Blazer now!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:55 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Im keeping the Blazer now!

There's no 'dropping' about putting a diesel in...more like 'shoe-horning'

Old 02-29-2008, 03:15 PM
D 5UPE is an unknown quantity at this point

Diesel used to be the cheapest fuel over here, and everyone wanted a diesel car.
Now the price of diesel has rocketed over the price of petrol(gas) and now manufacturers have started producing petrol (gas) engined cars over diesel.
Its the taxes over here that spoil things.
I dont have the figures in front of me but its all wrong, as petrol is a bi product
of diesel -oil and cheaper to produce. So why should it be more expensive.[:@]
LPG is a bi product of petrol and there is awhole lot oflpg sitting there for the taking.

The instaler said it was a straight forward job doing the installationand the tank best installed in the spare wheel carrier.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:17 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

wow guess they take advantage of what sells the most. the reason i like bio diesel is cuz u buy the filtering tanks for like $5 thousand but thats a one time thing then u just buy a couple ingreadients which r less than $20 for every couple of times u go thru the tanks. and u just get the used veg oil from a fast food place or something and filter it and bam u have bio diesel. i watched the how to sorta thing on the tv show TRUCKS on Spike TV and it gives u better power and gas milage. thats y imo i like it so much

Old 03-01-2008, 04:48 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Too bad most of the farmers who make bio-diesel don't run it
It costs more and is harder on the environment to make... But it does burn cleaner!

Or so I've been told, lol.

And E85 does NOT damage an engine/vehicle that is designed for it.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:26 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

the cheapest and easiest place to mount the tire would be on the roof. Just find a cheap safari rack and some straps...

Old 03-01-2008, 11:13 AM
D 5UPE is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

wow guess they take advantage of what sells the most. the reason i like bio diesel is cuz u buy the filtering tanks for like $5 thousand but thats a one time thing then u just buy a couple ingreadients which r less than $20 for every couple of times u go thru the tanks. and u just get the used veg oil from a fast food place or something and filter it and bam u have bio diesel. i watched the how to sorta thing on the tv show TRUCKS on Spike TV and it gives u better power and gas milage. thats y imo i like it so much
You got to take advantage of anything thats out there.
Ive ran my Toyota Lucida 2.2 diesel on 50/50new cooking oil and diesel mix. Cheap as chips. LoL.
It smells abit and makes you feel hungry.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:15 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I wish they would allow hydrogen to become mainstream, its so cheap and it also is great for the environment, plus it burns cleaner and longer therefore making miles to the gallon fenominal!! As soon as it does become mainstream with fill stations everywhere im switching to hydrogen!!

Old 03-01-2008, 07:15 PM

ya but how is running hydrogen for power??

Old 03-01-2008, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Much more powerful than gas (H2 and O2 are rocket fuel) And safer! (in an accident, gas leaks and covers the ground, hydrogen escapes and goes up into the atmostphere.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Much more powerful than gas (H2 and O2 are rocket fuel) And safer! (in an accident, gas leaks and covers the ground, hydrogen escapes and goes up into the atmostphere.
this is true. i was just curious if the high reactant of hydrogen played a roll in power of the engine

Quick Reply: Im keeping the Blazer now!